Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

styropyro's 450mW 635nm Laser Torch!

Nice vid, I'm definitely getting one of these. I've always wanted a red laser with a higher beam visibility then my disappointing 655-660nm lasers. This seems it will cut the cake!

AAlasers

Thanks for the comparison +1 :beer: I've been wondering how these new 635s stack up against the 650s and 445s. I think based on the divergence issue I'll stay away from these new diodes... Are older, lower powered 635nm diodes less divergent?

Last edited:
If all you want is a bright beam at night, then the divergence issue won't matter too much. There are some single mode 640nm diodes available, IIRC 150mW is the highest power diodes you'll find with decent beam specs.

Hi,

I'm really interested in the 635 nm handheld laser and I wanna buy one. 450 mw sounds attractive but what about the divergence? Do you sell such a laser like this or even with less power with better divergence? Thank you for your help!
Boldizsar

That surely doesn't look like a laser lol. Horrible beam profile. Not your fault though. Nice video, as always :)