Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Story of my life

So I go to order some panel mount trimmer pots after spending time figuring out what parallel resistor I need to bring the pot resistance down to what I need. I put in 5 and click update. My shopping cart updates and an error is shown on my pots. Apparently, I need to order 50 of them as a minimum.

You know the design and the actual fabrication of circuits and systems is very rewarding but sourcing components just sucks.

Like shopping for food. Food always comes in big packages and is best for like a family.

But if you're shopping just for one it's a real pain :(

Most shops round here cut prices a ton at around 11pm, all food that expires quick (eg dairy) is cut 50% =D You see lots of young people shopping around then....

Switch

FrothyChimp said:
So I go to order some panel mount trimmer pots after spending time figuring out what parallel resistor I need to bring the pot resistance down to what I need. I put in 5 and click update. My shopping cart updates and an error is shown on my pots. Apparently, I need to order 50 of them as a minimum.

You know the design and the actual fabrication of circuits and systems is very rewarding but sourcing components just sucks.
Not to worry, when you finished ordering all the components this way, you'll have enough to build 10 such circuits. :D

diachi

www.maplin.co.uk its a shop in the UK where I get my components, never tried there online stor though, might be good for some people I guess .

But I hate having to buy anything in bulk when you dont need it, atleast you could look at it this way, you never know when you might need it .

Diachi