Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Still LASER HUNTING in ASIA

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to drop everyone a quick shout & give you a quick rundown of my laser hunting progress while I have internet access.

If you remember I left to tour Asia on March 1st & will return to the USA on the 24th.

I will post pictures of what I found when I get back to the USA so PLEASE be patient.

My first stop was Hong Kong China. They sell everything in the streets here & I mean EVERYTHING from underwear to lasers. My limited knowledge of Cantonese proved to be a problem as the locals discovered I was from the USA the prices for what they were selling increased exponentially. In the 'touristy' section of HK I was able to find several lasers mainly green ranging in powers of 5mW-200mW and one interesting 3 color laser at 400mW. I knew I was close but it took about several hours & the phrase 'GO TEE WAT SO' - "More watts" which finally lead me to someone telling me about a street deeper into HK which will from now on be dubbed LASER CITY. It was one long street deep in HK that sold nothing but batteries, chargers, high powered flash lights, security cameras, high & of course LASERS!!! There were NO tourists here & it was kind of 'rough'. I found here a 500mW green handheld which put out more mW on the LPM that they had at the shop. He also had a 10mW yellow laser (DROOL). I will post pictures of this when I get back PLEASE be patient!!

Next stop Penang, Malaysia. Here I was able to find pen style lasers in green at 100mW fairly cheap around $25.00 USD equivalent.

Next stop Bangkok, Thailand. This is very interesting. There are guys here running around on foot selling green pen style lasers all over central Bangkok! I started calling them the Laser Syndicate because I kept seeing the same dudes every night as I left my hotel. Here you can pick up hookers & lasers at ease. They come to you!! One guy the second night I was there showed me a green pen style pointer which had a sticker stating it was 1000mW!!!! I told him he was full of Sh*t & told him that was impossible running off of 2 AA batteries. I then asked him if he had an LPM & he replied 'Are you a scientist?"

I'm now in Singapore, I just arrived here last night at my Sister & Brother in laws house & will see what I can find here.

If ANYONE knows where I can get anything laser related here in Singapore please let me know.

Until then.

peace,

a!

Jealousy consumes! I've always wanted to go to Asia, and of course have more cheap lasers! Those shops in Hong Kong sound like every laser enthusiasts dream.

Have fun on the rest of your trip and be sure to post pictures of all your "spoils" when you return! :)

10mW Yellow's being sold in dark alley's?
WOW! Sound's like my kind of place.
Please keep up to date.
And I'll take one of each, please!:wave:

i take chinese at my school and our class gets to go to china for two weeks in may! i can't wait to check out all these sketchy places in hong kong that sell lasers. now i just need to brush up on my laser lingo in chinese and i should be good!