Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

stepper motor help

Hey guys it's been a while! I've been working on quite a few non laser related projects and need some help.

Essentially I am trying to build a glass blowing lathe. Which has two headstocks that rotate in sync.

At first I was gonna power them off one motor and use a splined shaft to power the moving end. However if I decided that would take more work than using 2 synchronized stepper motors.

So how do I synchronize 2 stepper motors I know it's possible but I really can't find any clear explanation googling. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology for the search.

Thanks guys,
bennett

Aleksa

Maybe the driver has a sync pin,if not,steppers in parallel can be connected. That could work,try it out :)

I don't even have the driver yet. In all honesty I don't know what to get. everything I see is for cnc but with they function without a pc linked And I want to control them with the same signal. Not individual input
Thanks for your reply.

Aleksa

I see two ways. Connecting the pulse input signal to both drivers or connecting two steppers in parallel and driving them with one driver. When connecting 2 drivers on the same pulse line its good to have a sync pin on the driver so they can be perfectly in sync.

is it really that simple? For some reason I had myself convinced methis was a hard task. Hahaha

Also thanks