Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Starpointing with 155mW lab

Overkill I guess, but I couldn't resist, starpointing to the family with my 155mW Labby, 2 sec night exposure on tripod, very clear night tonight, brightest star is magnitude 2 star. The streetlights kind of drown it out a bit.

Jase.

For those worried about size, simply right click on image and select view image, to see full pic. Clicking the back arrow , will take you back.

Attachments

• star1.jpg
    star1.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 90

T

timelord

Looks like the star Cappella in the constellation of Auriga :cool: Nice shot Jase :)

nice shot, I wish I knew all the stars and stuff, but with holding temptation to get telescope for awhile.......

Thanks TL and Merl, the star in question is Alpha Corona Borialis (named Gemma (the jewel)). It is magnitude 2.2 and is the brightest thing visible from my window, facing west at the moment.

Jase

S

SenKat

Tallaxo said:
Thanks TL and Merl, the star in question is Alpha Corona Borialis (named Gemma (the jewel)). It is magnitude 2.2 and is the brightest thing visible from my window, facing west at the moment.

Jase

Whoa...hang on a second, Jase ! You mean your window is only facing West at the moment ? Does your window rotate or something ? LOL Hehehehehe !

T

timelord

My mistake on Cappella I wasn't looking properly at all the photo (a bit lazy on the scrolling) ;D