Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Trek Phaser Laser Project

Mark64

Would anyone be interested in doing an all metal master replica star trek phaser? I have one that I would like to have a 1.5w 445 laser in the lower part and a red 250mw or violet 405NM - 700mw in the detachable upper phaser section.

The lower section has been gutted and I would like to install the sound effects from the playmates phaser (which I have) and I already have the laser modules. I have no flex drives or lenses. Modification of the metal nozzel will be required.

The handle is designed for AAA batteries but could be machined to take AA e lithium batteries for the lower section. The handle is detachable.

The upper detachable hand phaser section has its own power and sound already installed. Modification would be required.

This would be an intense project and I am willing to pay a fair price for your efforts if you are interested. This would be a first...all metal phaser that is fully functional.

Last edited:

Mark64

Talk to Jayrob about this one.

Peace,
dave

I asked him about this awhile back and he declined. He might be too busy with his normal projects. Anyway, I don't have the proper tools to machine the metal to make this work so I'm hoping someone might be up to the task.

jayrob

I wouldn't mind taking a look at it, but you just have to realize that I won't know if I think I can do it justice until I get my hands on it is all...

If you are very patient, and also if I think it will work out, then by all means I can do the 'Hot' option, and you can get your diode from Dave or DTR...

I just know that those are expensive, and was hesitant because of that. But I guess the least I can do is take a look at it! :)

Mark64

Jayrob,

From what I have seen there is no one I would rather have working this project. I bought a Hot Option Playmates phaser from you awhile back and it is still turning heads.:bowdown:

I think this would be a great project and I have a Master Replicas metal phaser set ready to modify. OK I can send you the phaser and the playmates phaser for the internal electronics for the lower section. That way you are working with familiar electronics on the lower part.

I can send the two diodes so you can set it up and test. You can then remove them and send them back seperatly if you like and I will install them myself. I have spares as well.

Please give me your mailing address and I will sent the parts to you insured. I'm not going to pretend this will be easy but I'm sure it will be interesting. You can take pictures and use the project pictorials in any way you like. I just want the completed project.

Thanks,
Mark

jayrob

Jayrob,

From what I have seen there is no one I would rather have working this project. I bought a Hot Option Playmates phaser from you awhile back and it is still turning heads.:bowdown:

I think this would be a great project and I have a Master Replicas metal phaser set ready to modify. OK I can send you the phaser and the playmates phaser for the internal electronics for the lower section. That way you are working with familiar electronics on the lower part.

I can send the two diodes so you can set it up and test. You can then remove them and send them back seperatly if you like and I will install them myself. I have spares as well.

Please give me your mailing address and I will sent the parts to you insured. I'm not going to pretend this will be easy but I'm sure it will be interesting. You can take pictures and use the project pictorials in any way you like. I just want the completed project.

Thanks,
Mark

No need to send the diodes, I have test loads for setting current and making sure there will be enough current. I would rather not chance killing your diode.

Sending PM...

Last edited:

Mark64

Jayrob has the phaser and is looking it over. If anyone can make it work Jayrob can. All metal construction, both phasers working independantly, Bottom firing 445nm blue, top firing 635nm red. It will be the envy of all nerds worldwide.

Mark

Last edited: