Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Standard LaserBee I (1 Day Sale)

hevnsnt said:
one of these auctions is currently being bid on by user: hevnsnt

I heard that this guy is really trying to get into the laser scene, and has already spent way to much $$ on stuff.  I suggest that no-one else bid on that auction and let that newbie get it cheap.

That can be our "merry christmas and a happy new year" to him..

Hey hevnsnt....

That doesn't do too much to increase the bid of the LaserBee I + Thermopile.... ::)

I got Xmas Toys I need to pay for.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good Luck with your bid..... ;)

Jerry

hey jerry if ya want i could go for a bidding war :eek:

just kidding i would never do that [smiley=evil.gif]

john_lawson said:
hey jerry if ya want i could go for a bidding war  :eek:

just kidding i would never do that  [smiley=evil.gif]

Hey John... you're not going to make many friends here.. doing that.... ::) ::)

but thanks... just the same.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hevnsnt said:
woot!  I was one of them!

Hey hevnsnt....

Congratulations on your eBay win of a New LaserBee I (T3D) + Thermopile with the
extra Data Logging Option... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Happy New Year... ;)

Jerry

I got mine today. It isn't as big as I thought it would be. That isn't bad by any means though.

There is one question I can come up with though. Is it possible to wire it up to USB without using an adapter? The reason I ask is because I have a few USB cables from dead mice lying around.

JLSE

Dr. Evil said:
I got mine today. It isn't as big as I thought it would be. That isn't bad by any means though.

There is one question I can come up with though. Is it possible to wire it up to USB without using an adapter? The reason I ask is because I have a few USB cables from dead mice lying around.

You have to spend another couple of bucks at any PC store and get the IIRC RS232 to USB adapter. Its basicly like an extension cord, but works like a charm :)

Dr. Evil said:

As mentioned in the User Instructions supplied on CD.... the RS232 to USB adapter
(like wannaburn stated) is just a "special" cable with an RS232 connector at one end
and a USB connector at the other end and the "adapter" electronics are molded into
the connectors...  :cool:

You CAN NOT use a standard USB cable.... You will damage your LaserBee I PCB... :'(

here is a link to some RS232 to USB adapter cables.... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/USB-to-RS232-Ser...ryZ41995QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jerry