Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SPYMODEX 250mw....

P

Proctor

I had emailed Spymodex once asking a few questions about if they were IR filtered. I also asked how their IR filters are right after the diode, before the MCA (Somebody had received that response before).

They never replied.

S

SenKat

Proctor said:
I had emailed Spymodex once asking a few questions about if they were IR filtered. I also asked how their IR filters are right after the diode, before the MCA (Somebody had received that response before).

They never replied.

Wait a minute....somebody actually got that reply from them ? HOLY BAT$HIT !

Uhm - pleaes, somebody correct me if I am wrong (I KNOW I am not, but I gotta state it for those that may not completely understand how a greenie works)

If you put an IR filter IMMEDIATELY after the IR DIODE - uhm...okay, never mind - I cannot even bring myself to phrase the question....that is just plain assinine. OMG that completely bowls me over ! Might as well state that you can hold your breathe at 20,000 leagues under the sea ! LOL !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

T

timelord

I've also seen identical units on ebay usually the seller is from china..

P

Proctor

SenKat said:
[quote author=Proctor link=1169576232/15#17 date=1170216838]I had emailed Spymodex once asking a few questions about if they were IR filtered. I also asked how their IR filters are right after the diode, before the MCA (Somebody had received that response before).

They never replied.

Wait a minute....somebody actually got that reply from them ? HOLY BAT$HIT !

Uhm - pleaes, somebody correct me if I am wrong (I KNOW I am not, but I gotta state it for those that may not completely understand how a greenie works)

If you put an IR filter IMMEDIATELY after the IR DIODE - uhm...okay, never mind - I cannot even bring myself to phrase the question....that is just plain assinine. OMG that completely bowls me over ! Might as well state that you can hold your breathe at 20,000 leagues under the sea ! LOL !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Yeah, if you put an IR Filter after the 808nm Diode, it's going to filter out at least 90% of the IR before it hits the Nd:YVO4 and changes to 1064, so the efficiency of the crystals at 10% 808nm output from 500mW (saying they even have 500mW diodes in them) would only produce possibly <1mW. Then it has to pass through the KTP to double and change to green. So...less green output.

If the diode is 500mW, taking 90% of the power out would be 450mW. We're left with 50mW of 808nm IR...say the crystal efficiency is 10%, that's 50mWx0.01efficiency and you're left with 4.5mW.

I don't think that's true, it's just for people they think are stupid. People knowledgeable about lasers will know IR filters come after the MCA.

Spymodex is not IR filtered...go ahead and ask RoadRunner.

I'm surprised you guys don't know this...I thought this was a well known fact among laser enthusiasts? (Seriously..I'm not just being a smart ass)

P

Proctor

leukoplast said:

I'm surprised you guys don't know this...I thought this was a well known fact among laser enthusiasts? (Seriously..I'm not just being a smart ass)

Yeah, we've said that too many times in this thread. Thanks.

T

timelord

leukoplast said:

I think the point in this thread was to determine whether the larger models 150-250mw have IR filters. We all know that the pen style lasers do not have them, so we are curious to see if SPYMOEX have sorted this out...