Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyder III

Razako

murrat said:
Come on people don't blame WL. They really do some good work.
They have different desings. Spyder II and Hercules are much different looking lasers.
It is like comparing a big american muscle car and a japanese turbo charged car.
WL has lasers which have better look. And they are not as bad as you think.
There is no perfect laser (I haven't come across with except my friends fusion :) )
I used ebay lasers, dragonlasers, wickedlasers, novalasers and trust me all have some defects. Xaryxl knows what I am talking about.
A laser that can perform superb in your hands can perform much different in somewhere around the world. The temperatures, humidity everthing have effect on that. Even dust and use of it.
I can bet with anyone that you cannot have 100% no problem lasers from any company. It is against the nature of DPPS lasers :)
Buy from any company you like but don't talk bias againts WL.
That's my opinion and I am not a WL fan or somthing else.
Regards,
There is some truth to this. No laser company can provide a 100% perfect product every time. From mode hopping nova X-series to various problems with laserglow lasers nothing is perfect. What matters is good customer service so if you do get a defective laser it gets fixed.
The thing about wicked that annoys me is the insane prices on everything. Why the 12mw sonar costs over $1000 is beyond me. If they are going to charge such high prices they should at least send you a free output graph with your laser like several other companies do.

Wicked could easily improve themselves and become a respectable company on this forum by doing some simple things.
1-Don't send out underspec lasers and hope the customer doesn't have a power meter.
2-Better QC in general.
3-Test every laser before sending it out and include the official power readings.

Or they could continue to sell their overpriced and often underspec lasers to noobs like they currently do.

Btw I don't have anything against wicked other than the prices. My pulsar has been a great laser and with the capset it does everything it was advertised to do. However red lasers are much easier to make and you read all sorts of horror stories about someone getting a fusion that struggles to reach 100mw and other issues.

Switch

Is the Spyder 3 gonna replace the Spyder 2 or are they gonna be both available? :-/ Maybe it's just gonna go for $2k ....

Amnizu

The Spyder I was a beta model. I remember on LC a looong time ago, a few random members would get them in place of their Fusion orders or what have you. Usually, the members were pissed off because the laser they received totally sucked. But a few of them got good ones and generated interest for when the Spyders finally came out of beta, thus the Spyder II.

no, you could actually buy them. They had the spyder in blue and green, green was 200mw, 250mw, and 300mw for 1000 dollars, 1500 dollars, and 2000 dollars. i cant remember what the blues cost, but i know they werent just a beta thing, they were out for a really long time, along side the greens and pulsars. then the spyder II came out in january 2007. I thought it was the coolest thing i had ever seen, especially because it came in red, green, and blue. now i know they just suck. so what do i think the spyder III will be like? I think it will be incredibly awesome on my computer screen, besides the huge price tag, but in my hands, it would just be a load of crap, not to mention an insane pain in my bank account.

Amnizu

Well, I remember at one point the Spyders were definitely in beta and the forum phenomenon I mentioned definitely happened.

murrat

Razako said:
There is some truth to this.  No laser company can provide a 100% perfect product every time.  From mode hopping nova X-series to various problems with laserglow lasers nothing is perfect.  What matters is good customer service so if you do get a defective laser it gets fixed.
The thing about wicked that annoys me is the insane prices on everything.  Why the 12mw sonar costs over $1000 is beyond me.  If they are going to charge such high prices they should at least send you a free output graph with your laser like several other companies do.

Wicked could easily improve themselves and become a respectable company on this forum by doing some simple things.
1-Don't send out underspec lasers and hope the customer doesn't have a power meter.
2-Better QC in general.
3-Test every laser before sending it out and include the official power readings.

Or they could continue to sell their overpriced and often underspec lasers to noobs like they currently do.

Btw I don't have anything against wicked other than the prices.  My pulsar has been a great laser and with the capset it does everything it was advertised to do.  However red lasers are much easier to make and you read all sorts of horror stories about someone getting a fusion that struggles to reach 100mw and other issues.
The one and only thing I cannot accept about WL is their sending defective products to contest winners :)
It is so funny. Because it is so clear that contest winners will talk more than any member about their products and WL has to send the best to them. :)
::)

The blues were 20mW, 30mW, and 40mW for $2500, $3000, and $3500 respectively.

Switch

If money were no object , then WL's biggest defect would dissapear :p

Switch

kryptonian said:
Any idea what it looks like?   :-?  
Maybe they don't even know yet.But I'm guessing it's gonna look like a flashlight-dildo type of thing :D

WL better not steal dilda-lazor...

Anyways, it will probably look very sleek like the rest of their lasers, and maybe the first batch or so will preform up to spec just to get the good word out, then after that it will go downhill.

Switch

spyrorocks said:
WL better not steal dilda-lazor...

Anyways, it will probably look very sleek like the rest of their lasers, and maybe the first batch or so will preform up to spec just to get the good word out, then after that it will go downhill.
Nah, the dilda-lazor is anti-WL.The very essence of it is low price, and WL can never ever ,ever never ,ever handle that. :D