Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spent a weekend experimenting with stuffing M140s into pen hosts.

It's ok, this is a related topic/similar diode with better color/visibility, I ordered a couple and will test when they come in.

They are worth taking a look at, however what I would really like to see is a diode with divergence like the PLTB450B but outputting 4-5w so I could employ a 2x-3x c-lens pair and have a nice sharp ( no pun intended ) little burning beam ready to point and use without having to focus anything. :D

LaserRanger

@Sumfinclever Im not sure since I might have mixed up 2 diodes while pressing them but it's either osram plt5450b or a sharp gh04580A2g bought on fleebay for 12 bucks each and the driver is the generic boost driver for 405-445-450nm. I have not tested run times and I also have the diodes running at very low powers, enough to see the beam reflected off a mirror in a dark room

[QUOTE = "LaserRanger, bài đăng: 1558868, thành viên: 56521"]
[USER = 56432] @Sumfinclever [/ USER] Tôi không chắc vì tôi có thể đã trộn lẫn 2 điốt trong khi nhấn chúng nhưng đó là osram plt5450b hoặc gh04580A2g được mua trên fleebay với giá 12 đô la 405-445-450nm. Tôi chưa thử thời gian chạy và tôi cũng có các điốt chạy ở công suất rất thấp, đủ để thấy chùm tia phản chiếu từ một chiếc gương trong phòng tối
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
OSRAM DIODE have 3 pin, sharp have 2 pin and has munber on cap

Paul have you had this diode in your hand or are you going by an internet pic/data sheet ?

The Sharp diode I have and the PTL450B I got from Jordan's data sheet online. Why? Is it wrong? It seems like a good data sheet and DTR doesn't normally give wrong information.

Edit: My mistake. I had the wrong Sharp part number for the diode I assumed we were talking about.

Last edited:
The Sharp diode I have and the PTL450B I got from Jordan's data sheet online. Why? Is it wrong? It seems like a good data sheet and DTR doesn't normally give wrong information.

Edit: My mistake. I had the wrong Sharp part number for the diode I assumed we were talking about.

What sharp diode do you have ? Do you have a gh04580A2g in hand ?
I have ordered this diode and the one sheet showed 2 pins while the sheet I searched for shows 3
It's not a big deal, just would like to know at this point, was there possibly a revision.

This is what I ordered, it shows 2 pins, is this the wrong pic ?

---EDIT---

Actually looking at the pics in this ad I see the numbers around the can and there is a ( 9 ) which is not the diode listed, there are no ( 9 )'s in that diode number, must be a wrong pic .... I see B478109 that's a wrong pic

However do you have a gh04580A2g in hand ?

---EDIT---

Ok I see your edit to say you had a different diode, as long as he sends me the right diode I don't care how many pins it has, it's actually pretty cool that Sharp puts the number on the can, that's very helpful.

Last edited:
sharp actually produced the diode with only 2 pins, 405nm, 350mw, and now this diode, maybe they are useless

Last edited:
It is unusual to see a TO18 case diode with only two pins. Even if the case pin is not connected to anything, it is always included for those who wish to ground the case. So, this diode is unusual.