Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spectra Physics 161C-010 Query

Hi all,

I hope you are all keeping well? It's been an age since I've posted on here so please accept my apologies on that. Been mad busy.

I've recently been sorting through my gas laser equipment and stumbled across a Spectra Physics 161C-010 Ar-ion head. I had a number of these at one point all of which had been unceremoniously ripped out of industry.

When I got these heads, I had no umbilical cables or PSU's supplied with them. I think I've managed to source a suitable PSU for it. The problem I'm having at the moment is trying to find the umbilical that connects from the laser head to the PSU. I cannot for the life of me find one anywhere.

Even contacting Spectra physics (Newport) themselves proved fruitless.

The engineer I spoke to at Newport advised that finding an umbilical for this laser would be like looking for a very small needle in a very large haystack.

My question if I may is....

Anyone got any ideas where I could find one or go about getting one made?

Cheers people.

Antony

Lasers:

488nm JDSU/Cyonics 2201-20SLE
488nm JDS Uniphase 2214R-40MLA
532nm Custom Built 100mW
445nm Custom Built 150mW
405nm Custom built 60mW

Lasever60

Hi all,

I hope you are all keeping well? It's been an age since I've posted on here so please accept my apologies on that. Been mad busy.

I've recently been sorting through my gas laser equipment and stumbled across a Spectra Physics 161C-010 Ar-ion head. I had a number of these at one point all of which had been unceremoniously ripped out of industry.

When I got these heads, I had no umbilical cables or PSU's supplied with them. I think I've managed to source a suitable PSU for it. The problem I'm having at the moment is trying to find the umbilical that connects from the laser head to the PSU. I cannot for the life of me find one anywhere.

Even contacting Spectra physics (Newport) themselves proved fruitless.

The engineer I spoke to at Newport advised that finding an umbilical for this laser would be like looking for a very small needle in a very large haystack.

My question if I may is....

Anyone got any ideas where I could find one or go about getting one made?

Cheers people.

Antony

Lasers:

488nm JDSU/Cyonics 2201-20SLE
488nm JDS Uniphase 2214R-40MLA
532nm Custom Built 100mW
445nm Custom Built 150mW
405nm Custom built 60mW
I built my own. You can find the wiring pin outs on Sam’s laser faq and buy the parts needed.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
(Edited - Apologies I didn't see the date of original posting and mean to revive a potentially dead thread - if that is what occurred here and info is not relevant let me know and will delete)
Hi there. It helps to see when the person was on last. In this case Last seen Mar 25, 2019. I highly doubt that person will come back. The thread was already necro'd once and no reply. So probably a wasted effort.