Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spartan 447nm 1W takes longer to ship than expected...

okguy

I'm sort of confused by the package tracking. Both packagetrackr and usps agree on the details, but why did they say France on 3 Sep and China on 7 Sep? What do they mean by Foreign International Dispatch and Foreign Acceptance? Anyone get delivery to the U.S. this way?

Universal Package Tracking Service @ Packagetrackr

Delivery Progress
BEIJING, CHINA
Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:30 PM
FOREIGN INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH

66760 PORTÉ-PUYMORENS, FRANCE
Friday, September 3, 2010 2:39 AM
FOREIGN ACCEPTANCE

Label/Receipt Number:
Service(s): Registered Mail™

Your item left BEIJING, CHINA PEOPLES REP on September 07, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Foreign International Dispatch, September 07, 2010, 1:30 pm, BEIJING, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, September 03, 2010, 2:39 am, PORTEE

I have pretty much the same thing:

Delivery Progress

UNITED STATES
ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT

BEIJING, CHINA
Monday, September 6, 2010 11:57 AM

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 1:49 AM
FOREIGN ACCEPTANCE

According to the USPS tracking FAQ, "Acceptance" is when the package is picked up by a postal carrier or received. Since it obviously couldn't have gotten to France before it left, I take this to mean that it passed some form of outgoing inspection and was cleared to leave China.

That's just a guess though, maybe someone who works for a courier can elaborate. Seems silly to go through France too -- I would assume there to be enough cargo coming from China to the US that they would have direct routes travelling East...

The tracking is just for fun anyway, USPS tracking has never been very reliable. At least it kinda works this time -- there has been times I've actually received my package while the tracking still says "shipping information received"... I'll just wait patiently lol

okguy

447nm DragonLasers 1W Spartan
plus a pair of 190-548nm Safety Goggles

Strange, now packagetrackr.com shows status as expired due to no input from USPS for more than 10 business days. It has been only six days. Anyone understand why the expired status?

Flashfire, does yours show expired too?

Order # Order Date Ship Date Shipper
107xx 18 Aug 3 Sep USPS Registered Mail

As of today, 9 Sep 2010:
Universal Package Tracking Service @ Packagetrackr

Expired
The tracking data on this shipment has not been updated in more than 10 business days by U.S. Postal Service. Please contact U.S. Postal Service for more information.
Shipped from: PORTEE
Shipped on: Friday, September 3, 2010 2:39 AM

Delivery Progress
UNITED STATES
ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT
BEIJING, CHINA
Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:30 PM
Friday, September 3, 2010 2:39 AM
FOREIGN ACCEPTANCE

USPS

Service(s): Registered Mail™

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, September 07, 2010, 1:30 pm, BEIJING, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, September 03, 2010, 2:39 am, PORTEE

I ordered my Spartan just barely a few days too late, and due to this I must wait another week for the next shipment of Spartans before mine is sent out. Sucks..but hey, it's no 3 month wait.
I was only 2 days away from being in the latest shipment and having my Spartan right now.

Last edited:
It's the 22nd day and my order is still queued. DL just broke their promise again. Sigh...

That's really strange, because I also ordered on the 23rd, my order number is about 20 less than yours, but it shipped out on the 8th. I may have gotten lucky and slipped in the very tail end of the latest batch to get sent out. It sucks that you have to wait longer than promised, but at least you know you're pretty much at the front of the line for the next shipment.

And to you guys that had theirS shipped via USPS, about how long did it take for you to get it once the tracking went from PORTEE to BEIJING?

That's really strange, because I also ordered on the 23rd, my order number is about 20 less than yours, but it shipped out on the 8th. I may have gotten lucky and slipped in the very tail end of the latest batch to get sent out. It sucks that you have to wait longer than promised, but at least you know you're pretty much at the front of the line for the next shipment.

Yeah, you are lucky to be included in the previous shipment. It just takes so long time between shipments this time...

Foxer

Placed my order on the 17th of August

Mine left PortEE on the 3rd of September

Left Beijing on the 7th

The tracking hasn't been updated since then....

Now it's been a week since it left China.....

Maybe stuck in customs?

I'm reading some horror stories about using USPS internationally. From what I understand it can take infinitely longer to receive your stuff compared to other carriers like FedEx; like in the 2-6 week range. That kinda sucks, cause I was hoping to have this thing by tomorrow, and now it's looking like I'll be lucky to have it by that same day next week.

Last edited:
USPS is slow internationally because it's not an express package. It's the priority "parcel post" has -- it gets there when it gets there. I really hope DL finds a way to use an express courier to the USA in the future; their USA customers will appreciate it.

My latest tracking update, in case its of interest to those also waiting:

Inbound International Arrival, September 09, 2010, 8:55 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, September 06, 2010, 11:57 am, BEIJING, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, September 01, 2010, 1:49 am, PORTEE

Worth noting that although it says it arrived in New York on the 9th, the tracking didn't actually show that until yesterday.

ICU

Thanks, this works fine. It were exactly 10 working days from order to shipment. That info matched with Franks e-mail, stating 8-10 days.

Will post some pics when it arrives here in Portugal.

Cheers
portwally

ICU,

Thanks for the tracking site. I thought my Spartan was in Australia. It is in France right now. Mine is coming via USPS, Registered Mail. I don't know why that instead of FedEx like XFly.

Order # Order Date Ship Date Shipper
107xx 18 Aug 3 Sep USPS Registered Mail

447nm DragonLasers 1W Spartan
plus a pair of 190-548nm Safety Goggles

Your very welcome.
It's one of my most used and favorite bookmarks:beer:

It's the 22nd day and my order is still queued. DL just broke their promise again. Sigh...

Is that from the day you placed the order or the day the payment cleared?
I give most company's 'the benefit of the doubt' adding a couple days for the payment to clear the banks BS.

and then again they may not be counting weekends just workdays. IDK:thinking:

X FLY

I just received some batteries I ordered from the US. The shipping method was USPS International and it took ONLY 4 days to reach my doorstep :D US -> Finland in 4 days is extremely good imo.

I ordered on 8/27 and it was sent out today (9/16). I'm just excited it was finally sent out, and much quicker than wicked. Now about a 2 week wait.

Last edited:
Woohoo! My laser arrived today!

Ordered 8/12, Shipped 9/1, Received 9/17... 21 days processing, 17 days shipping, 38 days total.

The laser is very solid feeling and well-balanced. It may be more plain than alternatives, but I really like the host because it feels and looks like a professional product. The beam is visible in my fairly well-lit office, and the dot in a distant wall is still blindingly bright to look at. I don't have a LPM, but they say 1 watt and I believe it.

Will throw pics up later. Looking forward to getting my safety glasses so I can commence with some burning!