Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spartan 1W batteries?

Hello. A few weeks ago I received my 1W 447nm Spartan, and I was very happy with it. It doesn't came with batteries, so until now I was using normal non-rechargeable ones because I couldn't buy the Tenergy ones that were recommended in this forum many times before, as the customs of my country can't let me import batteries.
A few days ago, I noticed a seller advertising some rechargeable CR123A 3.0v 1000mAh batteries within my country, so I bought them and received them today. For my surprise, when I tested them with a voltimeter, this was the result I got from them:

1oxh91.jpg

2ng74vd.jpg

They seem to be of a higher voltage than the one stated on them.. so my question is, would it be risky if I use these on my spartan? I'm scared of using them, and disappointed once again with a product I buy from a local seller.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for my english.

nope perfectly good! 3.6V 18650's also have 4.2V when full. I got a few CR2's that are suppose to be 3V but there 3.3V too so it's normall ;)

greetings,,

nope perfectly good! 3.6V 18650's also have 4.2V when full. I got a few CR2's that are suppose to be 3V but there 3.3V too so it's normall ;)

greetings,,

Are you completely sure about this? I forgot to add that I haven't charged them yet, and i'm pretty sure that they're of 3.3v and charge at 3.7v
The laser stated that it needs 2x 3.0v and IIRC I remember someone using 3.6v batteries on a spartan 1W and it stopped working for him after 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Are you completely sure about this? I forgot to add that I haven't charged them yet, and i'm pretty sure that they're of 3.3v and charge at 3.7v
The laser stated that it needs 2x 3.0v and IIRC I remember someone using 3.6v batteries on a spartan 1W and it stopped working for him after 2 weeks.

If it really dies because the voltage is to high it does not take 2 weeks it burn out right away.

Charge them and see what voltage they are. If its anything under 3.7V i would not worry. Also when the laser is on the voltage of the cells drop..

greetings,,

Last edited:
If it really dies because the voltage is to high it does not take 2 weeks it burn out right away.

Charge them and see what voltage they are. If its anything under 3.7V i would not worry. Also when the laser is on the voltage of the cells drop..

greetings,,

Alright, they're 3,7v as I thought. I'm going to use them for the moment as I can't keep buying the non-rechargeable ones. Thank you very much for your help and fast replies.
If someone else knows something else about these batteries and this laser, any extra info would be greatly appreciated aswell.

Last edited:
So I've been using these batteries lately, and recently I noticed that the laser is heating faster than before. It gets warm in less than a minute. I'm not sure I should keep using them.. could someone please give me more advice on the subject?

Last edited:
It may be getting hotter than before because the extra voltage causes extra heat in the driver. So to be clear. Your diode does not get warmer then before only your driver because it has to deal with the somewhat higher voltage. Not a big problem but if you still really worry about those batteries buy another pair ;)

greetings,,

Last edited:
Alright, thank you for your help again offroad, I really appreciate your fast replies.
And sorry for bothering, I'm still new to this hobby.

Last edited:
your welcome ;) It seems that i am correct with my replies or else i am sure that other people would reply to this thread to correct me ;)

And im fine helping you as i was here for the first time with these kind of questions too

greetings,,

Hello I just bought a 1W spartan blue laser and was wondering what are the best batteries to buy and where I can find a charger that has a uk plug as I've looked for the Tenergy rcr 123a charger but it seems to be American plug????
I don't know how to write a fresh post on here so sorry if this is slight change of topic ... Please can anyone send me a link???