Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sorry Forum was down for a while

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey guys

I wanted to say sorry the forum was down for a few hours. I had to go some maintenance and was looking into a few security issues, plus I did a backup.

As you guys probably already know I do backups of the forums data. Sometimes performing a backup takes a while as the forum is holding 394MB of data currently. Almost all of this is from the Attachments people have posted. I think it's great so many people are posting attachments.. it is a very cool feature of the forum I think!

Talk to you guys soon and thanks for your patience while I maintain/backup this forum=)

-Avery

T

timelord

Lets hope we don't get keylogged again, i'm assuming that yabb have got back to you about our last incidedent? :)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey lee

Proctor IMed me and said he guessed your PW. I simply ignored him, didn't even say anything.

In order to get keylogged he would have had to get you to run an executable file on your computer. Almost positive the issue wasn't with YaBB. It is possible that there was some type of trojan already on your machine that he was able to use to gain access, but it sounds like he simply guessed the password.

I would advise running http://www.merijn.org/files/HiJackThis_v2.exe
from (http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn)

If you send me a log file I can analyze it and let you know if I see any threats on your computer.

Talk to you soon, Lee
Regards,
-Avery

T

timelord

I've saved a text file for you to look at i'll email it soon. But i think proctor just guessed my PW. It's been changed 3 times now and routinely changed as well.

S

SenKat

Agreed - I do not think Proctor is half as clever as he claimed he is...Oh...and FYI...If my life is a living hell, then toss me another rack-o-ribs, cause I'm gonna BBQ !