Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sonar Series Review- Picture Heavy!

Well I finally got around to doing my review of the Sonar Series 20mw Model that Steve was kinda enough to send me. I'll Shut up now and let the pictures do the talking!

Size: 170mm x 16mm
Weight: 68g
Wavelength: 405nm
Mode: TEM00
Output Power: 20mW
Beam Divergence: 1.4mRad

Packaging
IMAG0129.jpg

The Box it comes in, very nice quality. Uses magnetic clasps
IMAG0133.jpg

The laser itself, Love the finish on this bad boy
IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

The Power Graph. Very stable- it is a diode laser, but still. Sorry its sideways
IMAG0135.jpg

Laser in my Hands. I love the look and feel of this laser!
IMAG0139.jpg

Great little laser so here is what I thought of it.

Pros

*Very Stable
*Amazing looking
*Safety lock
*Great weight and Feel
*solid build

Cons
*Dim LED indicator
*Price is a big downside
*The front had a scratch on it kinda big
*Divergence is 1.4 the advertised divergence is 1.2
* Did i mention the cost?

It is a great laser and I find myself playing with it an awful lot! If you can afford to spend about 300usd on a 20mw Blu-Ray laser then I say go for this one! Otherwise I say stick to DIY builds. Wicked Lasers is upping there game and the new lasers that they are bring to the table are very nice, to bad that we are spoiled in terms of what we pay for our Blu-ray builds :)

Over all I would give it a

3.5/5

Great Job WL and Steve!

Peace,
Blake

Last edited:

Shiny...good to see you finally got it Blake. Have fun and merry christmas!

Edit: And once again, you're welcome for the signature

Last edited:
Well you could have borrowed a camera to take photos, those cellphone cameras always have wrong color hue, GOD forbit taking beamshots with those.
There are exeptions but still, you cannot have good optics squeezed in 3mm space ...

Overall nice review, but try to borrow a camera to take some nice beam and dot shots!

Well you could have borrowed a camera to take photos, those cellphone cameras always have wrong color hue, GOD forbit taking beamshots with those.
There are exeptions but still, you cannot have good optics squeezed in 3mm space ...

Overall nice review, but try to borrow a camera to take some nice beam and dot shots!

Funny thing is that my phone takes better beam shots than my rebel xti. Ill try to take new pictures later.