Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Someone Please Help

Okay, I am new to the whole laser thing and I have been reading posts and watching youtube videos for a while now, trying to get the feel of the laser community. I really would like a laser that I can star-point with at night, but also be able to see it during the day and burn things when I want to. I would really like a high enough mw so I can actually see the beam, not just the dot. All of this said, I don't want to spend a whole lot more then 200 bucks. I am looking at the laserbtb green HL 300mw and some others on lazerer.com. If anyone can share their knowledge and help a brother out, any recommendation would be appreciated.

Anything over 200mw will suffice. Lazerer is a good company. I'd either suggest a green or blue laser.

But can I look at a blue laser beam preferably 1 or 1.2 watts without wearing goggles?

You can look at the beam or dot on the wall without glasses. Just make sure that there is no reflective surfaces that could cause the beam to strike you in the eye and I would strongly suggest getting a pair of glasses for ANY kind of burning no matter what power or color you choose.

alright cool. thanks for your help. maybe someday I will have a collection as vast as your own.:thanks:

No need to make a new thread with pretty much the same topic, keep it all in one place.

So, in an effort to follow my own advice, I will answer here: You can, however point it AWAY from you and your friends. NOT perpendicular _l_, not toward you, but away from you. Oh, and watch out for planes and other flying objects that will make you bubba's new girlfriend in jail.

Last edited:
Contact yobresal on this site - I just bought my first laser from him. He can get you what you want for less than $200! Very responsive to 'custom' requests, and makes really nice builds.

Whatever you do - don't buy a 'wicked laser'. :)