Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some new pics 8/29/18

Oh nice!

I remember seeing the Saturn 5 exhibit at Cape Canaveral years ago, I will have to find my pics and scan them, back then you could climb up on the engine they had sitting and I have a pic of that, it's a big rocket as many of you know, still something to see in person.

Thanks for sharing the Air Museum Pics Bruce.
Have never been there.

Jerry

Encap

Awesome photos as always brucemir---your photo work is "the bomb" :gj:

:kewlpics:​

Last edited:
Thanks again!

Red Cowboy - That would be great if could scan your NASA pics. I have never been to Cape Canaveral, though my wife and son did. There was nothing better than in our youth when a Mercury, Gemini, or Apollo mission went up. All three networks interrupted programming to show it, as back in the sixties it was such a big deal as we had to beat the Russians to the Moon.

Encap - I do like the "bomb" reference. I would think many of the younger LPF members may not get your reference. A few weeks ago I snuck onto the Launching area of a abandoned Nike missile base in Sandy Hook (NY-56) to photograph. I was able to photograph for about 15 minutes before I got thrown off by the Parks Dept people there. I do not know how many people know this, but there were up to 40 kiloton nukes in many residential areas throughout the USA in the late 50s, 60s, and early 70s before these sites were decommission by the SALT treaty. I grew up in Plainfield NJ in that time period and in South Plainfield there was a Nike base (NY-65) next to Hadley Airport and the missiles were out to see all of the time. No one knew back then that many of them had nuclear warheads.

You had to love the drills they made us young kids go through back then. As if hiding under your desk would protect you from a nuclear explosion. We didn't know any better. At least I didn't.

When I was in Wyoming in the early 1980s, I came across some underground missile sites, but if you tried to get close to one, you were quickly run off.

Last edited:
HeyPaul,
Duck and cover. Around the East coast I do not think there were many ICBMs. But once you get out to the Heartland there are silo’s all over. There is so much info out there now since tons of info was declassified in the late nineties. I enjoy photographing abandoned buildings and landmarks as much as lasers. You just can’t get caught.

I'll bet. If I had a camera with me when coming up to a missile silo back in the early 80s, I likely would have been arrested instead of shooed off.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm trying to rep you Bruce. But can't yet.
Excellent photos once again. Love the 488 shots especially. :)
Good job! :beer:

Thanks Curtis,
Been using my 488nm quite a bit recently. For me, the 488 contrasts with almost any color

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, as you have nicely demonstrated. It also helps that it is an incredible wavelength to look at. :)
You’re welcome Bruce. :beer: