Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some "new" pics 6/1/18

These pics were taken a few weeks ago using a plasma globe, a mirror or two, and glass spheres. By aligning the spheres the way I did I was able to get some nice abstract things going on inside the spheres with the plasma globe. I also used one sphere that was not clear, but dark green, and that created different effects. In some I used two 405nm 500mw thru diffraction gratings and the color in the middle sphere is yellow instead of green because of the different colored glass. Some shots are using a 473, 488, 495 & 505nm, and some have the normal rainbow colors.
I really like how these shots of the globe behind the spheres came out. My favs in this batch are 4474 and 4506.
Enjoy

DSC_4426_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4427_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4431_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4433_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4436_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4438_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4447_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4452_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4459_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4463_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4466_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4468_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4474_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4480_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4489_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4493_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4497_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4498_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4506_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4509_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4510_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4513_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4516_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4517_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4523_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_4528_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

The best! I could comment on each one they are all so great. Thanks, as always, for sharing with us!!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Beautiful stuff, Bruce! :beer:
What's not to like about a nice dose of laserp0rn from the master! :yh:
:kewlpics: +rep!

Last edited:
These are getting better all the time, cool effects. :beer:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Gazen

Great pictures as always, your creative sphere shots are always a treat.

Encap

Great photos Brucemir, as always, beautiful shots. Unique and different use of the spheres. +rep

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Amazing use of a plasma ball and lasers. They are spectacular images Bruce. Good job. :beer:

These are very nice, Bruce. I see you are trying new things all the time. I am currently out of rep, but will come back and rep you when the system allows me.

I'm in awe Bruce.
I love everything you produce mate.
Where on earth do you get these ideas?
Amazing.
+rep when I can.

RB

Oh man, what a super eye candy!!

Gotta love your work, brucemir! :kewlpics:

btw..
I made my final decision today for leaving Adobe and I purchased CaptureOne license (approx 350€)
Woohoo! No more Adobe crap for me..

Last edited:
Hey AD,Thanks! Good luck with CaptureOne. You will have to let everyone know how it is. I gave up on Adobe Photo programs when they started with the subscription nonsense and starting bundling product together. For my "normal" photography I will usually use my Mac with its photo editor, which is very good and suits my needs. Believe it or not, all the work I do on the computer for my laser photography is done on a Window Sony Vaio XP computer (circa 2003) using a HP photo editing software I got in 2002! That software is so basic and all I do with the laser pics anyway is minor adjustments on the exposure, and making sure my laser beam lines are level.

Re: the XP machine: That's awesome, and speaks to the quality of the pics in the 1st place.

I'm guessing most people have gone down the Brucemir Flickr rabbit hole, but if you haven't I STRONGLY recommend it. SO. MANY. GEMS. I might have to find somewhere that'll take these shots make make some wallpaper for my living room!! :D

Hi Lewdude,
Thanks, but if I were you I would get some of your great, creative shots for your living room. Yours are just as creative just different.

LPF members, I would also strongly advise to you see Lews flickr page. I was aware of his flickr page before he was on LPF and saw he was just as dedicated to lasers and photography as I am. Many great shots and set ups that I am envious of and woulkd never even consider. If you have the passion it will show and yours (and Arctic Dudes) is as intense as mine and it shows in our work

The three additional photos look great, Bruce. I love the new direction you have taken. I'm out of rep, but will come back and give you more as soon as I'm allowed.