Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some more 532nm flourescence pictures

Fatty acid methyl esters in a tequila bottle :)

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

Diffraction grating arrived today.

diffraction_luminescence.jpg

Waiting on some prisms and a glass sphere to get some bouncy beamshots. :)

Some flourescent dyes:

IMG_4240.jpg

Top beam left to right 532nm
Bottom beam right to left 405nm
Dyes are left to right green7, yellow73, red52 soap dyes from eBay seller kissylockett1969

The photo doesn't do justice to the beautiful turquoise from the green7 dye under 405nm (it's intense when hit directly rather than through two other sets of dyes).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

WTH nobody has commented.
Nice job.
Ive always wanted to fill a fish-tank (minus fish of coarse) with fluorescein dye and shine a 405nm Lumia wheel through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
tttonyyy - very nice experimenting with UV dyes and your photos of them.

Hey Lazerman121,
You mean like this? Although I did not use a Lumia wheel as you want to do, I had experimented with UV dyes, 405's, and a fish tank about 3 weeks ago. Here are a few pics that were taken using 1, 2 or 3 405nms depending on the shot, and some using two fan diffraction gratings, either bouncing the many beams from above downward using mirrors, or from each side. I used 4 different D-Tek UV dyes for these shots, Alien Green, Fire Red, Visible Blue, and clear blue.

no dye, just water and 405nms

Very nice bruce :) I think my favourite dye is the red - in your shot here:

DSC_2610_resize_zps64474129.jpg

...it's clear to see the pink natural colour and the orange from the 405nm beam. What I found interesting was that the 532nm excites it too, and green having narrower beam produces some very sharp lines.

I was inspired by your glass sphere shots on the other thread and purchased one. I've noticed that with a diffraction grating spaced correctly from the sphere, the sphere can bring the diffracted beams back to parallel as they exit the other side. So there is some possibility of nice shots with parallel beams too.

It is a bit sad but when we're food shopping now I've started selecting things based on the shape of the glass container they're in. ;)

nice pics tttonyyy, I love seeing stuff like this:) Thanks for sharing!

:beer:

Brucemir - sick, incredible pics as always!!

hey tttonyyy,
Yes, lasers and glass spheres mix nicely. I used my glass sphere again this past weekend for the sixth straight weekend. Every time I use it I get more ideas on how to use it and photograph it. It will be in use again this weekend with 6 mirrors in a semi circle configuration. I've got the basics figured out. I can't wait to start setting everything up Thursday night and photographing it on Friday night. I can relate to going shopping (food or otherwise) and looking out for glass and other things to use with my lasers

Last edited: