Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some 465nm questions.

I never had a 465nm laser before. Suppose I want to buy a 465nm laser pointer, my best choices are Jetlasers and Sanwu.
How is the divergence and beam profile on them compared to 450nm lasers?
What would be a better deal/buy, Sanwu or Jetlasers in terms of divergence and beam quality? I know that both are great choices, but what would be an ideal choice for a nice first 465nm laser pointer to add to my collection?

Does 465nm PL-E Pro 3.5 Watts have worse beam and dot quality than a PL-E Mini 1.4 Watts? By how much is it worse? Which one would be a better first time choice?
Same for Sanwu, how are the beams in 2 Watts vs. 4 Watts options?

Also I feel like Sanwu holds a better deal for 465nm units in terms of power+price. (Doesn't make me lean towards Sanwu more though.)
Are there any other companies that offer a good 465nm laser pointer?

TL;DR: I want a nice pretty 465nm portable beam what would be the best choice in your mind? Any info about 465nm lasers will help.
Thank you! :D

Gazen

I have a 1.4W 465nn PL-E mini and it’s great, very solid and the divergence and beam profile aren’t bad. Both Sanwu and jetlasers are great, but I would personally go with jetlasers.

My 465nm has better divergence and beam quality then my 445nm, and with comparison with a Sanwu 4W silver the beam specs seem better as well (from this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=203s&v=UV9uo-RAazk )

Last edited:
Divergence depends on the diode and lens used. I don't buy fabricated lasers so I can't help you with who has the best deal. I like the NDB7675 diode as it can be pushed higher in wavelength than 465nm. It has reasonably good beam specs for a MM diode. There are other, more powerful diodes, but I don't think the beam specs are as good. I may be wrong about that as I haven't gotten all the diodes out there that can be pushed over 4 watts.

I have a 1.4W 465nn PL-E mini and it’s great, very solid and the divergence and beam profile aren’t bad. Both Sanwu and jetlasers are great, but I would personally go with jetlasers.

My 465nm has better divergence and beam quality then my 445nm, and with comparison with a Sanwu 4W silver the beam specs seem better as well (from this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=203s&v=UV9uo-RAazk )

Thank you for the info, have you tested the power of the Mini by any chance?

Divergence depends on the diode and lens used. I don't buy fabricated lasers so I can't help you with who has the best deal. I like the NDB7675 diode as it can be pushed higher in wavelength than 465nm. It has reasonably good beam specs for a MM diode. There are other, more powerful diodes, but I don't think the beam specs are as good. I may be wrong about that as I haven't gotten all the diodes out there that can be pushed over 4 watts.

How come I don't see a 465nm in your sig haha. Or did you push them all above 470nm? :D

No, I still have two NDB7675s. I have fired them up on my power supply and measured the wavelengths of both. Just haven't put either in a build yet. I do have several lasers not on my signature, though. The reason is I am limited to the space there, and have to cull something to add something else.

Last edited:
No, I still have two NDB7675s. I have fired them up on my power supply and measured the wavelengths of both. Just haven't put either in a build yet. I do have several lasers not on my signature, though. The reason is I am limited to the space there, and have to cull something to add something else.

Dang that makes sense.