Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold: Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with custom ROM

Maybe LPF isn't the best place to put this up for sale, but I want to get rid of it (I never use it anymore lol) and I'd rather sell it to people I trust (you guys) than put it up on Ebay or Amazon for random people to buy.

It's currently running CM10.1 ([ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [06/04 CM REFRESH] - xda-developers) but if you want I can flash a different ROM before I ship it (look here: 8.9" Kindle Fire HD Android Development - xda-developers). With a custom ROM, it's essentially a regular Android tablet rather than a glorified eBook reader like Amazon sells it as. I can reflash the default ROM as well if you wish.

It's in near mint condition and includes a charger/data cable and a bluetooth keyboard/case (Amazon.com: Bear Motion ® Premium Folio Case with Detachable Bluetooth Keyboard for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Inch Tablet - Black: Kindle Store).

I'll sell it for $225 with everything included, or I can keep the keyboard/case and sell it for $205, but I definitely recommend getting the keyboard and case. It makes it like a netbook, and the keyboard can easily be detached from the case.

JR0GHHPh.jpg

052UAYOh.jpg

IOhSKnIh.jpg

HPqm25mh.jpg

Ignore all the hair, my dogs shed pretty badly x_x

Thanks for looking :)

Re: FS: Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with custom ROM

This is the WiFi version, not the 4G, correct? How easy is it to reflash the ROM?

This is the WiFi version, not the 4G, correct? How easy is it to reflash the ROM?

It is the WiFi version. It's very easy to flash another ROM; just copy it to the device with a computer or download it directly and reboot to recovery mode and flash it.

PM on it's way.