Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(SOLD!) FS: DragonLasers Spartan 445 400mW (CNI PGL-III-M)

Selling my 400mW rated 445 DL Spartan, as seen in its review thread, here. As stated in the thread, a wire going from the driver to the diode broke, but I found someone at my workplace who was able to resolder a new wire to the diode and fix it. Everything seems to be working fine now. I have not been able to get the collimating lens reattached, but tests with the lens just sitting on its holder seem to indicate that it is still functional and not scratched. I don't think I can get the right type of glue to reattach it though, so I'm not going to try.

Attempted to measure the power on my LPM earlier today, and while the uncollimated diode is a little hard to measure, I did get a 400mW+ reading with the laser right up against the sensor and the dot almost all on the sensor. So in all likelihood, the laser is putting out at least 400mW once accounting for losses in the lens and aperture cap.

Included will be the Spartan and its collimating lens in a small separate bag. Asking price is $70 USD not including shipping, or best offer. You can calculate shipping at Canada Post's site, using the postal code L4Z 3E6, which is my workplace. Link to Canada Post's rate estimator. I can add more pictures if the existing ones in the review thread aren't enough. For payment, PM me for PayPal address, or any other arrangements you'd like to make.

Last edited:

Re: FS: DragonLasers Spartan 445 400mW (CNI PGL-III-M)

:bumpit: Bumping after a week...

Images of beam seems not enough, if add some, may be more attractive

Yeah, I'd love to see more of the beam too, but getting a picture of an uncollimated diode is generally harder than it looks, and not really as exciting as a beam, IMO. :p

The collimating lens is knocked off of this laser, which happened while I was trying to take it apart. I'll include it in the sale, but people can replace it with another one if they'd like too.

:bumpit: Price drop to $80, not including shipping. Will ship worldwide based on local laws.

For $80 I'd snag this. The diode, host, and lenses are worth more. Plus you can crank it up!!

Dropped price to $70. I paid $220 for it new, so this really is a steal IMO. Would like to get this out of here for other lasers.

ARGHH this is sooo tempting, but if I keep on jumping at these awesome deals, then I'll be left with no more savings for other things on my list...

To who?
Must be a lucky guy with such a deal.

Anyways glad you sold it and im sure the buyer will be happy!

I'll let that person post if they'd like to. Probably wouldn't be too much of an issue, but I'll play it safe.