Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

** SOLD ** (For Sale: DX 200mw Red.)

Hi,

If anyone is interested in this package:

• DealExtreme 200mw red laser pointer: (sku.11315)
  • 2 rechargeable CR2 batteries (TR 15270, 600mAh, 3.0V) (sku.932)
  • 1 Charger (Couldn't find the exact item on dx, but it surely charges the CR2 batteries.)

please pm me - I live in the U.S., so there is no risk of having it confiscated by the custom.

These 3 things arrived on this Saturday (Oct 11), so they are only 3 days old. I have only charged the batteries once so far, used the pointer to burn 1 match, and that's it.  

The only reason I am selling it is because I bought for the wrong purpose - I thought I can use it to point to stars, not to use it to burn stuff.  From that point of view, I don't like it because of its less visible beam than that of a green laser.  Other than the less visible beam, this pointer is in perfectly new and working condition and burns that match OK.

I paid $70 (and have receipt to prove it) and would like to sell it now for $60, including shipping to anywhere within the U.S.

So PM me, if you are interested.

Re: For Sale: DX 200mw Red.

you will have a buyer in no time, especially if you use a middleman (because you don't have many posts)

travislikescoolstuff said:
you will have a buyer in no time, especially if you use a middleman (because you don't have many posts)

Yeah...you're right, I'm a new guy here, just started to develop my laser hobby 1 month ago.

Sorry for this dumb question: Did you mean that if I'm willing to sell it at a much lower price to a middleman, I will have a buyer soon?

Here's how a middleman works. A buyer wants to buy your laser. The buyer pays the money to a middleman (trusted member here) and you send the laser to the middleman. Once the middleman gets the laser he looks over it, and if everything is fine, he ships the laser off to the buyer and gives the money to you.

You won't have to lower your price to do this BTW.

styropyro said:
Here's how a middleman works. A buyer wants to buy your laser. The buyer pays the money to a middleman (trusted member here) and you send the laser to the middleman. Once the middleman gets the laser he looks over it, and if everything is fine, he ships the laser off to the buyer and gives the money to you.

styropyro, thanks!

Now I see how this works here and I like this concept!

But it sounds like I have to pay double shippings - one from me to the middleman, the other from the middleman to the final buyer, right ?

daguin

semi-linear said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1223925380/0#3 date=1223929619]Here's how a middleman works. A buyer wants to buy your laser. The buyer pays the money to a middleman (trusted member here) and you send the laser to the middleman. Once the middleman gets the laser he looks over it, and if everything is fine, he ships the laser off to the buyer and gives the money to you.

styropyro, thanks!
Now I see how this works here and I like this concept!
But it sounds like I have to pay double shippings - one from me to the middleman, the other from the middleman to the final buyer, right ?[/quote]

Since the buyer benefits from the use of a middle man, usually the seller pays to ship the laser to the middle man and the buyer pays for the shipping from the middle man to the buyer. If the laser is NOT up to specs then the seller would have to pay to have it shipped back to him.

Peace,
dave

Since the buyer benefits from the use of a middle man, usually the seller pays to ship the laser to the middle man and the buyer pays for the shipping from the middle man to the buyer.  If the laser is NOT up to specs then the seller would have to pay to have it shipped back to him.

Peace,
dave

I see...Dave.

I have received two offers: one for the laser, the other for being the middleman. Thanks a lot for you guys' explanations and patience!