Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD! All Inclusive 7+Line 70mW Argon Ion Laser Package

Hey everyone, it's that time again! Time to find a new home for this beast, and I'm prepared to offer an awesome deal on it.

Up for sale is a Uniphase 2214-40MLA Cyllindrical Argon Ion Laser Head, Uniphase 2114P-40MLA Power Supply (100-240V), Current Mode Remote Control, All Cables, Umbilicals, original Exhaust Ductwork and fittings, On-Spec Squirrel Cage Blower Fan (240V), and enclosed and fused 500VA 120-240V step up transformer (for the fan). Every single thing you need to run this laser properly, no messing with jumpers, or shop-vacs.

Laser puts out 8 lines when running cool at above 50% power, but only 7 solid lines when warm. The current remote is internally limited to 9.7A to prevent damaging the tube or drastically shortening its lifespan. This corresponds to a bit over 70mW. Buyer assumes all responsibility for modifying the remote for higher currents or "light mode" if they so wish to. The key switch on the power supply was disengaged internally at the factory at the request of the original buyer. In addition, some of the internal pinouts on the umbilical and remote are not standard. Sam Goldwasser ensures me that this was all done at factory and is resultant from it being used for specialty equipment. I have mapped out all the pins and have the data files for the entire laser unit and custom remote.

Since it was internally configured for a special piece of equipment, it does not respond like others when certain commands are entered on the remote. Mainly, the "Emission Off" switch does not have a function when the "Run Mode" switch is set to "Idle". It does terminate emission when the mode is set to "Run" though. This "Emission Off" switch should not be used as it does not disable the internal starter mechanism which pulses the tube with high voltage every 45seconds that there is no emission as this can eat away at the lifetime of the tube. Simply switch to Idle when it will not be used for a short period, or disconnect power when the laser won't be used for a while. This does not affect the average laser hobbyist in any way, it starts up and runs just as you would expect it to.

This laser is known for its ability to sit for months on a shelf and then fire up instantly without any detriment, perfect for your first argon.

Price: I am asking only $225 for the entire package. The fan and transformer are worth half of that alone. Why's it going for so cheap? Medical Bills. I'm facing up to two more surgeries in the near future and I haven't even scratched the debt from my last one.

Shipping: DOMESTIC US FREIGHT AND LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. In fact, if you were to be so inclined to come pick it up I'd knock an extra $50 off of the price and offer ya a beer. USPS Freight: the price will vary based on location, but average price is around $100. PM me for a shipping quote; I only charge exact shipping costs (and packing material costs).

Payment: Paypal ONLY.

0Q6rFPk.jpg

Additional Photos and Video available upon request! Just let me know what you want to see!

7/18/14 UPDATE - PRICE REDUCED!

Last edited:

Re: FS: All Inclusive 7+Line 70mW Argon Ion Laser Package

I already have an argon but I can say for sure this is a heck of a deal. These cylindrical bodies are nice. Interesting you dialed the power back to 9.7A, Makes me feel guilty about running mine at 10.68A even just for short periods of time.

Good luck with this sale. This will be an awesome buy.

Last edited:

Great deal! Free bump :beer:

A couple shots of the 8 lines in action would be pretty awesome too ;)

Great deal! Free bump :beer:

A couple shots of the 8 lines in action would be pretty awesome too ;)

Thanks! As you wish!

1CwMulv.jpg

yriKHax.jpg

yWJ3uKY.jpg

3Wra3QE.jpg

9sYlaXn.jpg

Here's the remote the day I made it. I since labeled all the functions.
IwrySgs.jpg

Here's an older photo just for another angle of the head and psu; ignore the exposed transformer on the bottom left, I was still waiting for the nice one that is included in this package.
ffsw3nP.jpg

GL on your sale, that's an awesome unit. You know I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I lived in the US :beer:

Thanks guys, you know I'd sell it to you international folks in a heartbeat if I could find a carrier that would transport it for less than I'm charging for the laser! Quotes I got for Atomic came to around $1200 for most carriers and one said they could do as low as $450!

USPS maybe?

Yeah, that ~$450 was with USPS Freight. Every courier I check with for international prices is >$400. Domestic shipping is between $80-150 for most places it seems.

Bump - price reduced!

Payment sent.

Thanks, bud!

/c

Payment received!

I'm heading to the store tomorrow to pick up packing materials and will have this out in the post Tues or Wed. Thanks again, Kap.

Received this beauty today... thanks a ton. I really need to figure out how to use this sucker :)

Here is a pic with the Argon Ion and my new 589...
488589.jpg

Awesome. Looks like you figured out assembly.

Let me write you up that instruction file now.