Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD!!! AA-sized A-140 445nm Laser for sale.

Re: AA-sized A-140 445nm Laser for sale.

Dunno what "backpeddaling" means....

As for the host, it's supposed to be a bit tighter. Was a bit lose in that pic.
But even then, yes there is a gap. It's made that way.

Ahh ok gotcha.

daguin

lol , backpeddaling

I love it.

A question about your host , kit, build. why does it look like its not completely screwed in , in the 3rd pic, or is that just the way it is?

Here's a shot of the same host/heat sink combination (a different laser). You can see that the gap is "normal."
cost3-3.jpg

Peace,
dave

jayrob

3105-here.png

I set it to the output. No point in setting to input.

If you are wondering how, it's range is currently set to 540-1000.

Knowing that, and the fact that the pot turns 270 degrees exactly, I can set the output current by calculating the number of pot turns in degrees.

Also, the change is very linear as drlava pointed out vs the flexdrives.

Don't bash me please lol. I know it's not exactly perfect, but if you give a ballpark figure of "550mA", I can set it around that.

Also, this way the diode doesn't get extra heat from re soldering (which shouldn't really matter since its fast and its pressfit into the heatsink all the time)

That contact point on the board is actually the same trace as the negative input of the driver...

So if using the diode case pin for the negative feed, you can connect an isolated wire from the case pin, to that point. (or the driver negative input - same thing)

Tabish

Yup, like Jayrob said. It's part of the SAME trace. Of course, the pins are isolated. So is the driver from HS.

Btw Jay, just waiting on your focus knob/lens now. This thing will be a LITTLE BEAST with the upgrade.

Last edited:

Tabish

Ahh so ya finally got it !!

I shipped it as soon as that lens arrived. Didn't even get to play with it or take beamshots with the good lens :(

Glad you like it.