Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*SOLD* 2.8W Dual Diode Monster 445 In Custom Host

Jaxz

Hope you have fun with this unit, all of us are proud you have this even we could not have this unit nonetheless hope you enjoy this.

show us some beam shots and burning when you got this.... ;P

bazzly

I will give it a go, but as I said I am a noob, so you guys will have to help me with the review....Pictures and video are easy...Maybe I can carve my initials into a moose....

Jaxz

sure no problem just some simple review first, we will work on it together later

madog

^^^ Just making room for the 6W :evil:

Please stop! If you are going to do this, could you give me a time frame on when it will hit the market so that I know how many pizza shops I will have to knock over to be able to afford it?

bazzly

I need to get it in my hands first, but as soon a I do....
I told one of my friends that he would have to help me take some pictures and video. Let me know what you would like to see, and I'll see what I can pull off.
Been trying to think of some cool stuff to do with it...like shine it in a pool to see what it would look like, but I dont have a pool. Yeah so that wont work.
Any ideas?

Jaxz

Its ok, Don't worry about completed stuffs beyond your reach, for me, what I love to see is some beam shots to the night sky, and pic of the dot during the day. :)

Cheers

bazzly

Hey...dot you think that thing could reach the space station....not that I would do that....Just wondering how far the beam can go with out degrading....I theory it should go endless and long as it has a clear path correct?

Hey...dot you think that thing could reach the space station....not that I would do that....Just wondering how far the beam can go with out degrading....I theory it should go endless and long as it has a clear path correct?

The divergence on 445's is pretty bad. In theory the laser is more than capable of being seen on the ISS, but the problem is it would be spread out so much, as to be barely noticeable.

At the right angle, and if you happen to be in a VERY large area with no other lights... so as to provide contrast... might just look interesting to someone up there:p

EDIT: I do hope you and friend both have GOOD goggles?

Last edited:
reach the space station... haha yeah if we lived in a vacuum and didn't have an ozone layer and what not... If you were to shine a laser out in space while you are in space I believe it will just keep going and not diverge since there are no particles there to run into the beam... Something like that... The 445 beam will hardly go a mile before there is too much divergence to be able to see it.