Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD 100mW Greenies

Re: FS: 3.1W C11 445nm SOLD + 100mW Greenies

why is australia so crazy about lasers anyway? and how do they know its a laser? if someone does a build with a flashlight host can they really tell the difference ?

They open packages more often than other countries. if they see flashlight they tend to look into it more since they care about keeping lasers out. most people in AUS either build their own lasers or have them sent in separate packages as parts and put them together themselves

tonyt

why is australia so crazy about lasers anyway? and how do they know its a laser? if someone does a build with a flashlight host can they really tell the difference ?

It's not ALL of Australia! In some states you can legally own a <1mW!!!
It all came about a few years ago when some stupid mutter truckers started pointing lasers at planes then the government went crazy and just did a blanket ban.. That's what our government does.. If something happens and there is public outcry they just ban everything.. That is their solution to everything.
And our customs doesn't open any more packages then anywhere else.. I think people over exaggerate how bad our customs really are... Every package i have ever been sent with "questionable" items/material in it has made it to me no problems..The only things i have ever even had inspected was two lots of loose lego parts! They had a love letter stating they had been inspected but they found nothing..

So both greenies are still for sale? I know a friend who might be interested

EDIT: I'm assuming these lasers aren't IR filtered?

Last edited:

So both greenies are still for sale? I know a friend who might be interested

EDIT: I'm assuming these lasers aren't IR filtered?

Yes, they are both still for sale.

And neither have an IR filter

Last edited:

do you have any idea of the IR output on these 532nm?

Re: FS: 100mW Greenies

alright let me think about it, this would be for my friend and his photography so want something with low IR

tonyt

I shall let you all know what the ir readings are when I get the first one.. If any of you were still wondering...