Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SolarForce L2P 445 Maxed - The Blue Blaster...

DTR

Yeah there is quite a difference in mass between the first driver heatsink I did for you, and the 1/2" round ones that I am using now...

That first one would probably be fine if turned down to about an Amp instead of over 1400mA's...

But you would need to disconnect the diode and use a test load to adjust it...

45 seconds is longer than I leave on it during normal use so it is not even something I think about. Only see it when I was testing the stability. I am just glad that I could help to test new designs.:friend:

I love the focusing marks.

What I'd want to have is properly engraved hash marks on the bezel and focusing adapter for 0 - 50 feet, then a focused on infinity mark as well.

jayrob

I was going to use a tiny drill and make little dimples that I could fill with black or white paint for the marks, but in thinking it over, I realized that if you took it apart for any reason, the heatsink would need to be in the exact same position to align with the mark on the bezel. So I decided to just use a small permenant marker...

Not as professional looking, but the marks are very small, and you really don't even see them except for a close up picture like that...

DTR

I was going to use a tiny drill and make little dimples that I could fill with black or white paint for the marks, but in thinking it over, I realized that if you took it apart for any reason, the heatsink would need to be in the exact same position to align with the mark on the bezel. So I decided to just use a small permenant marker...

Not as professional looking, but the marks are very small, and you really don't even see them except for a close up picture like that...

How about small groves marking the spots. If there is a common distance in turning between focused and burning then with trial and error you could set the heat sink in the proper position when ever you open it. Even with the marker when you open it you will have to reset the heatsink to the correct positon.

jayrob

Yes it could be done that way...

What I found, is that with this set up anyway, since the EzFocus adapter is 'inset' into the head, the EzFocus/lens assembly must be installed last. (or it will turn as you try to turn the head in place) That means you must then focus, and make the marks last...

But I guess you could mark the heatsink with the EzFocus adapter. Then put it together, and transfer the mark on the heatsink, to the bezel! :)

P.S. Kevlar, DTR, you guys mentioned interest...

I am taking orders. But I will be going camping 8/15 through 8/22. And I have to build kit back log orders per 'date paid' to be fair to everybody...

In other words, I'm at least 3 weeks out right now. I would have gotten most of the way caught up, but this camping trip will delay existing orders, plus get me backed up again...

Really sorry for the long delay...

Last edited:

jayrob

It's down right gnarly...

This one is the largest heatsink kit that I have. One piece design makes it able to swap out drop in modules for the host...

The host is high quality, and there are many parts and drop in modules for it...

It's a unique kit! :cool: