Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SoCali Area, looking 4 LASER, will pay cash

Asherz

I would be more comfortable if your laughter were slightly more subdued.
As I may have mentioned elsewhere, I have an order with that company for an "200mW" and "50mW" green, both "True Power". :whistle:

I am quite confident that they will be not only green, but also quite interesting to take apart and tinker with/use for diy parts. :)

It's not going to output anywhere near 200mW, you'll be lucky if you get a 100. And what do you mean quite confident about it being green? I think TJ was referring to the output being lower than stated, not that it will be the colour advertised, of course it will unless it's a particularly bad company.

At *****************.com, they have a 1 watt blue laser kit on sale for $81.50. Only missing the 1 watt 445nm laser diode, batteries, and a heat sink. If, I were to spend $150 on a 1 watt laser. Then, that leaves me $68.50 for the 1 watt 445nm diode, batteries, and heat sink. SO, MY OFFERING PRICE OF $175 IS REASONABLE FOR A USED 1 WATT LASER.
http://www.*****************.com/shop/product.php?id_product=78

At rayfoss.com, they have a 200mW 660nm laser for $50. SO, AGAIN MY OFFERING PRICE IS REASONABLE FOR A 200mW RED LASER.
http://rayfoss.com/productn.asp?ArticleID=50

Toke

And what do you mean quite confident about it being green?

It is one of those linguistic subtleties where one makes a point (often humourus) by ommision.
In this case I do believe they will be green, but do not believe much else about them. :)

At *****************.com, they have a 1 watt blue laser kit on sale for $81.50. Only missing the 1 watt 445nm laser diode, batteries, and a heat sink. If, I were to spend $150 on a 1 watt laser. Then, that leaves me $68.50 for the 1 watt 445nm diode, batteries, and heat sink.

so basically, for $81.50 your getting a driver, a focusing module and maybe a host?? :thinking:

how can they even call it a 1W blue laser kit if it doesnt include a diode?

complete rip off...

stuart :)

Last edited:
red sounds reasonable. For a few bucks more you could get an o-like model, which will be 650nm, better than 660nm by most opinions. green will be impossible. you could get Silver chrome green laser 100mW/good finish [OLSGL100] - $62.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
which isnt a bad deal.
The blue is possible, but you will need to get your own host, a fairly cheap one, machine your own parts to fit to it. Dont think a cheap driver could drive a 445 unless your battery has the required voltage. if you were willing to spend maybe 50 more on the 445 you could get a kit and driver from jayrob, $50 diode, battery from werever, and with a soldering iron put it together. You could go without the heatsink and just stick it all in a pen host, if you dont mind your diode burning out in less than 2 minutes and/or your batteries lasting about as long :crackup:

I am quite confident that they will be not only green, but also quite interesting to take apart and tinker with/use for diy parts. :)

I'd buy a 5mW if you want to tinker. They all basically have the same parts, and you wont waste $50.

You could go without the heatsink and just stick it all in a pen host, if you dont mind your diode burning out in less than 2 minutes and/or your batteries lasting about as long

pontiacg5, Dave and another member have all built 445nm pens in the blank pen Jayrob sells, so it's not that far-fetched. The battery life isn't the greatest, but it's a bit more than 2 minutes.

Last edited:
GOOGLE: 1 Watt Blue Laser Kit

($81.50)
Kit Includes:

(1) MXDL 6volt (2)CR123) Flashlight host
(1) BIG ChUnK Diode Mount
(1) DrLava's Micro Boost Driver
(1) Blu-Ray Lens

NOTE:

(2) CR123 Batteries Not Included
(1) Laser Diode Not Included

Depth 1"