Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So this popped up in my Facebook feed...

Oddly using lasers (or any other means) to specifically blind enemies in warfare is forbidden under the Geneva convention, so using these would be comparable to putting landmines in your lawn to deter burglars.
Tear gas/ pepper spray is also forbidden under Geneva convention but completely legal under personal protection laws as long as you don't have a felony. Only saying....
That being said. This advert is wrong in so many ways.

Last edited:

Lasers like the one claimed are more than illegal lol.

I've seen a lot of ads that say "GET YOUR OWN BURNING LASER NOW"

If people knew just a little about lasers, "companies" like that wouldn't succeed.

Yeah, I never log onto FB or any other social media, with one exception. LPF. I figure the NSA, FBI, and CIA have enough on me without my giving it to them voluntarily.

Reactions: GSS
can anyone get me more information on this? I am going to do whatever i can to get that shitty operation shutdown. Who should i call other than the FDA?

can anyone get me more information on this? I am going to do whatever i can to get that shitty operation shutdown. Who should i call other than the FDA?

I assume the CDRH branch of the FDA would oversee this kind of thing. This kind of stuff just makes me mad because it just promotes unsafe use and proliferates the sales of lasers to people who will just see them as toys.