Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So i returned my X75....

listen i agree we all here because we have a passion for lasers, We love sharing our experiences with others what we have learned about companies from experience i agree the prices are really high right now but look at the markets and all that good stuff.
As far as Wicked and Nova go, I will not say good or bad for either one as I have never owned one nor will i prolly ever buy one, as i prefer lab style as to pointer hand helds. However another topic has got me drawing up plans for a 1watt handheld um well lets say easily portable lol .

It is from these forums and all of us that new ideas for our hobby will come about. If we stop talking and keep arguing bashing companies how can our hobby progress " I remember a couple of nerds that started a business from a hobby in their garage now they are Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon, and YouTube just to name a few

Any who sorry about the rambling I may be a new member to this forum, i have found alot of useful information here and plan on sharing some of mine,

true that :) imagine if this forum took off as some crazy laser review company and we all became multi millionaires. haha

ya, if that happenned, i think that some laser companies who got bad reviews by people on this site would try a lot harder to make better products :p

Gazoo

Things said:
RobTheVIP: We are not saying Nova is the greatest because this forum is baised, we are saying it from customer experience. All the people who dont like WL have probably owned a under spec wicked laser, simple as that. SenKat did not leave because he thought this forum was getting basied, he was sick of all this DRAMA that people bring on. People that have had to RMA to Nova apparently got a higher rated unit back, it all comes from personal experience. I don't just go down to some shop and say i hate their products without even trying them out. Please can we stop with the drama, the OP made a post showing the results for his laser, we don't need more of this going around the forum, causing more people to leave.

Thank you Things for stating your opinion which I fully agree with. Nova's products have always spoken for themselves as has their customer service. Other reviews have been posted here for other laser companies by different members, and based on those reviews I know where to buy from. The forum is not biased, companies have to prove themselves as Nova, LaserGlow and Optotronics have, not only because they sell awesome lasers but because of their customer service.

RobTheVIP, I do hope you will understand where we are coming from with our opinions. You may not agree, but there is no need for you to shout out your opinions in big bold letters. I have no trouble reading fine print...thank you.. ;)

One last item, I do not want to see threads like this go to hell. The OP was nice enough to post his progress with his RMA. This is the type of thing I look for here so we can make informed decisions when purchasing lasers. And I do want the OP to let us know what his replacement laser specs out at. I bet it will be better than the one he sent back...anyone care to bet against me... ;D

We can all only really speak about our personal experiences as to how the various companies do business. Others who read about these experiences then have to make decisions based on them. I got into this hobby recently, and did a lot of research before investing the money to start buying lasers. I decided to buy Nova first because I read a lot of good personal experiences. When companies are dependent on word of mouth advertising it is critical for them to maintain their reputations. However, as consumers we should not base decisions on hearsay, because then we become biased.
maxpcuser put it well "As far as Wicked and Nova go, I will not say good or bad for either one as I have never owned one . . ."

I can tell you I had a good experience with Nova, they upgraded my goggles for free because they were out of stock of the ones I wanted, they gave me the option to wait or to upgrade, and I choose to upgrade. I still have the emails from them "We will ship the NOVA Shields Professional. There is no extra charge for the substitution - our apologies for the lack of stock on the item originally ordered." The laser I got works wonderfully. I haven't dealt with any other companies lasers yet, so I can't offer fact based opinions on them yet.

I do see some bias against Wicked Lasers here, and some of the stories I read about them lead me to hesitate before buying something expensive from them. Personally though, I try to base decisions on specific reasons and evidence (i.e. something more than, wicked lasers sucks never buy from them they'll rip you off 'cause they rip off everyone). I wouldn't mind seeing more companies listed here, but I also understand it is hard to take a chance on something new when you have a sure thing.

Looking forward to hearing how the repaired/replaced laser comes back. Sorry for the rant.

Bah the wait is killing me!! I'm Laser less right now.... I've waited at the mail box for the mail man to come the past 3 days and its still not here. it "Should" be here tomorrow if its not I'm going to be pissed because i got to wait until Monday. when i 1st bought my X75 it took 7 days to get to me and tomorrow is 7 days so i really hope comes in the morning. When i get it ill be sure to post pics and the power rating of my new laser.

I returned my x-65 that had an average of 71mw and they sent me one back with 91mw average, and absolutely perfect tem00!

I hope you get that laser on Monday, i know how it feels to wait for it, especially since you don't have any other ones to keep you occupied :D

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D