Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

so i ordered a laser from budgetgadgets.com....

8 days ago and its already here from hong kong! I expected a month minimum. I'm amazed that it came so soon. I got standard shipping also. Good stuff=] very satisfied!

Trevor

Wrong section.

Though, what's more relevant is the quality of the laser - not the speed of shipping. :thinking:

-Trevor

Sorry, I'm new to the site. It's a 50mW laser and the quality overall is very nice. The fast shipping was just a surprise added bonus lol

But is it anywhere near 50mW of actual green? My experiences with the 50mW's in the $20 or less price range is that they vary anywhere from 10mW to 30mW of actual green, depending on your luck of the draw.

012.jpg

idk what do you think? my camera didn't pick up the full brightness of the beam.

Trevor

I think it's pretty foggy and you need a tripod. :p

Impossible to estimate power from a beamshot... for example, how powerful do you think these lasers are? No fog used.

comparison.jpg

-Trevor

Last edited:
i know relatively nothing about lasers. just the basic information. i'm not trying to be a professional when it comes to these things. my 50mW (or even if it's only in the 30mW range) laser satisfies me beyond what my expectations were. i paid $31 dollars for something that all my friends think is the coolest thing they've ever seen lol that's enough for me.

and it was a bit foggy that night but nothing out of the ordinary and the beam was awesome. i don't understand why everyone has to be such a pro on this site and put down other people's fun lol i'm a complete beginner and just trying to help out other beginners that don't wanna spend $200 on a laser. that's all.

If it was $31.. (not including shipping) then there's a good chance it might be close or over 50mW.

And if your happy, that's all that matters. :beer:

And 'harshing people's buzz' is in no way the intention most have. However We get several a day here who truly believe they can get a 'high power' green for $20 or less just because they can get high power reds for that, which in actuality it's just not possible due to the difference in how the lasers actually work and are manufactured. So the knowledge that 'cheap greens are rarely up to spec' is one of the things that we try to hammer into new peoples heads, heh.

$30 for a 50mW sounds about right though so it's possible it's 40mW+ of green. But the only real way to tell is with a LPM and an IR filter.

Last edited:
yeahh it was $31 without the shipping.

and yeah i totally understand what you're sayin about the ignorant people who think that the 200mW green laser on the random chinese website for $10 is truly a 200mW green laser lol

i wish i had a LPM to measure the exact power of it but oh well.

thanks for the respectful response. i feel like everyone on this forum is out to get me:cryyy: lol but i guess they're just lookin out so i don't waste my money.

oh and idk if this could help you determine the actual power of the laser but here's a video of me popping a balloon with it. idk how powerful a green laser needs to be to pop a balloon but mine can easily. YouTube - ‪50mW Laser Popping a Balloon‬‏

Based on personal experience I'd say that's probably around 80-120mW total output. There is absolutely no way to tell IR content. Cheap green lasers are a gamble and often don't last long. You got lucky and you're happy, that's really all that matters.

wow really infinitus? that's pretty sweet:yh: think it can light matches? (i haven't tried yet because i currently don't have any in my house)

I do not think a $31 and 50mW laser purchased at budgetgadgets.com may have a 80-120mW.

Is unlikely to have even the announced 50mW

It pops a balloon awfully fast...

I can't do that with a laser I know to be 50mW. Of course divergence also plays a huge role.

If it can light a red match... I would assume ~100mW or so.

The only way to tell is with a LPM.

But I doubt a green laser at this price, and advertised at 50mW, may have 80-120mW

would be too good :D

Edit: Also I have a 50mW green laser measured by an LPM, and it explode balloons as fast as yours, (black, and red too).

Last edited: