Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So from what I understand: Wicked Lasers=not so good

Tifoso

Hey all. I am looking to get my first high power laser. Done some research and from what I gather, Wicked Lasers is no good. From products being underpowered, to bad customer service, etc. Seems they have a very negative reputation. Anyway I was very close to getting the Spyder 3 Arctic in 1.4W, using their FINAL40 discount code, which would make it $254. Is this a solid, powerful laser for this discounted price? Or should I ignore and look elsewhere... P.S. if the discount wasn't available, I wouldn't even be considering it. But if it is indeed 1.4W and if that's a good price for this blue laser, I'll go for it. Thanks.

Last edited:

USAbro

Yes. Look else where. For only $185 you can get a 2.4-2.7 watt 445 from sflasers.com

Sta

Never, ever buy from WL! LPF is celebrating the fact that they are blowing up. They are the worst laser company in existence, anyone else is better. I'd recommend Sci-Fi Lasers at sflasers.us or laserbtb at laserbtb.com, both very reliable companies.

Tifoso

Wow. Sci-fi lasers offers a 4.5-5W for less than the price wicked lasers offers a 2W. And wicked lasers offers a 750mW green for $1000 whereas sci-fi offers a 1W-1.4W green for $580. Wow. Wicked lasers is way way way overpriced. Thanks for the recommendations.

Yep, I'd recommend the same that USAbro and Sta do.

Laserbtb, Sci-Fi Lasers and Jetlasers are all very good companies.

Go for Jetlasers if you want cool hosts like Wicked Lasers (but with much better quality).
Go with Sci-Fi lasers for some of the cheapest well built lasers.
And go for Laserbtb for the most safety features installed.

Edit: oh and buy Eagle Pair for the best laser protection/price ratio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sta
Wow. Sci-fi lasers offers a 4.5-5W for less than the price wicked lasers offers a 2W. And wicked lasers offers a 750mW green for $1000 whereas sci-fi offers a 1W-1.4W green for $580. Wow. Wicked lasers is way way way overpriced. Thanks for the recommendations.

Not backing up WL, but their green is a 532nm DPSS, and Sci-Fi lasers is a 520nm diode, two different processes.

That being said, they are over-priced :D

-Alex

Not backing up WL, but their green is a 532nm DPSS, and Sci-Fi lasers is a 520nm diode, two different processes.

That being said, they are over-priced :D

-Alex

good point Alex,
Another source I have had good luck with if you prefer a 532nm is O-like. I just recently bought the 400mw 532nm crown upgrade and am pretty darn happy with it. $185 for 400mw isn't bad. I'm meeting a member today to LPM my lasers so we'll see what it actually is.
Sci-fi is great. I am still waiting on my 2.4w blue. He has been very busy so its taken longer than usual.

Sta

Yep, I'd recommend the same that USAbro and Sta do.

Laserbtb, Sci-Fi Lasers and Jetlasers are all very good companies.

Go for Jetlasers if you want cool hosts like Wicked Lasers (but with much better quality).
Go with Sci-Fi lasers for some of the cheapest well built lasers.
And go for Laserbtb for the most safety features installed.

Edit: oh and buy Eagle Pair for the best laser protection/price ratio.

This is a really great summary of which site to pick! I never thought of them that way, but that's really a great way to explain them to new people. +Rep for sure!