Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Snow pics

Zeebit

Awesome pics. +1 when I can.

Dont be..we got 3.5 feet of it here on long island and its nothing but a pain..
2 of the largest roads that span across the island are closed because its so icy and so many cars where stuck in the snow...a 5 minute drive for me before took 45 minutes because of cars stuck EVERYWHERE.
My jeep w/ quadradrive had no problem though :}

That doesn't even sound so bad compared to floods here in my place.

Last edited:

20130209033556.jpg

Are duty cycles longer in the snow? I'm thinking overheating can be less of a problem in cold and icy weather.

hey kartracer, the 473nm is rated at 30mw but I don't have a LPM yet. hopefully soon.
the "matrix" effect was done by shooting the laser though two diffraction gratings

Jardi, nice vertical shot!! I kept my laser indoors in my doorway. great idea to shoot upwards. There certainly weren't any airplanes flying. I feel for you having to deal with that much snow. We had that much in 2010/2011.. It sucks!!

To our friends in Australia, you can have the snow!!!! Our heating bills also get high, maybe not 1300 dollars high. It sucks!!! I have live in NJ my whole life and shoveling sucks. I have no problem with the cold, but having to drive in show, problems at work created by snow.....

jArdi

Are duty cycles longer in the snow? I'm thinking overheating can be less of a problem in cold and icy weather.

overheating was no problem, but freezing was..the purple one would slowly get dim in cold and after a few seconds( less then 10) the green would go infrared and I would have to warm it up again.

brucemir- yeah all the flights where cancelled on LI and the snow was thick enough that it no way went far enough for them to see. but 2010/2011 was the WORST over 4 feet I was literally able to make tunnels around my backyard :0

I also had problems with the lasers in the cold. Even though they were indoors, they were in an open door. and would fade after a while. Even when I shoot in my garage I have a heater going and my yellow lasers are very finicky