Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Smartphones thread

Technically anyone can program for iOS and download all the development tools for free.. to deploy to your device you need to pay apple $99 to become a registered developer.
Yeah but nothing is ever "technical" is it?

:D

Technically, half the stuff we do for our hobby here is illegal. Nobody gives a crap.

Once you're a registered developer for apple you get invites to their famous keynotes to party with the guys in the turtlenecks. Worth it. iPhone 5! :D

Wow that almost sounded like fun for a second.

Just like jailbreaking.

"Holy hell I can totally HACK this phone right here to make it do awesome stuff?"

Awesome innit? 3 hours later your abilities to question things are permanently numb because you've been thinking "For the love of God, why?" too much. :crackup:

Anyway, jailbreaking was actually fun for me, I have to admit. But it's a one time sort of deal. If I had to do it again... naaah I'll pass.

Flashing custom ROM to HTC Desire HD (Jellytime, CM10 based Jelly bean 4.2) was actually much more fun.

And not just because of this program, spirits bless the soul who wrote it:
Exploit_zpsc6d57b89.png

I sh*t you not.

Compared to rooting plus flashing of custom ROM on Android phone, Jailbreaking of iPhone was more like,
-Turn off phone.
-Plug in phone.
-Turn on phone (hold Home longer)
-Click button in program
-Take crap
-Done.

Granted there *was* an option to play Pac-Man while the firmware is getting cracked by redsn0w software. I didn't get a screen shot of that though,
"Cracking process is gonna take a while. Do you want to play PacMan while you wait?" Yes/No choice. LOL.