Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Smallest 5mw Green Diode Laser for Purchase

GayzerBeam

Looking for something tiny, 5mw, and Keychain friendly. Seems like I cant find one that accurately states its power, and is small. If they dont exist no worries, thanks for the help.

AquaticHarpy

Or if youre looking for something terrifying and higher price

Green diodes are magic.

GayzerBeam

Green Diodes are magic lol. I have a 1.6 w green already from Sanwu. It is seriously magical. I am curious why it is so hard to find a small 5mw keychain green laser. Are the various green diodes too large, or only come >5mw?

AquaticHarpy

Most of the time green light is produced via DPSS in cheap lasers. Im not sure in honesty how green 'diodes work' but its probably the reason so many green lasers start with an infrared beam then split the nm in half to get green.. light harmonics or something.. I dont understand how magic crystals just change a beam color, but maybe one day I will!

Sowee7

Most of the time green light is produced via DPSS in cheap lasers. Im not sure in honesty how green 'diodes work' but its probably the reason so many green lasers start with an infrared beam then split the nm in half to get green.. light harmonics or something.. I dont understand how magic crystals just change a beam color, but maybe one day I will!
Usually it starts off with an infrared beam at 808nm, then it goes into a laser crystal that lases at a different infrared wavelength (1064nm) which then goes to a doubling crystal that halfs the wavelength to 532nm (green)