Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skylasers SLOW shipping out...

I'm kinda just venting here... And I'd guess this is where I put this kinda thing... Skylasers recieved my order on Dec. 30th 2009, around midnight... I didn't get an order conformation until 7:00pm the next day, but they, of course, had NO PROBLEM charging my card for it... Okay, so then there was their "holiday" which apparently lasts from Dec. 30th through Jan. 4th... Disappointing considering they took my money, and it shouldn't be a problem to drive my package to the post office on a Saturday, the mail runs... Okay, so they took their long weekend, do they come back on Mon. Prepared to return to full-throttle? Do they ship my item? No! They don't! How about Tues.? NO! THEY DIDNT! Here I am, SEVEN DAYS AFTER THEY RECIEVED MY PAYMENT! As if that wasn't bad enough, they were edgy that I asked for a tracking number on Mon. (assuming, obviously, that they shipped it) so now, it needs to be shipped out today in order to get here by Saturday... I had better be getting my tracking number today... Thoughts on why they seem to ignore my 300$ order? Anyone else have expierience with them on this?

EDIT: I thought this was funny, I ordered the 18650 batteries for this laser on the 31st, they were at my house at 8:30 am this morning via FedEx... The batteries also came from California like the laser. Pathetic Skylasers, pathetic, and with no explination...

Last edited:

I actually read that before, but I bought my 150mW pointer from them as well, the customer service was great, and the laser itself is good, a bit unstable but good, I even had the pen clip broken off by my little sister ripping it off me, they sent me new pen clips that arrived in two days! They have been great, just right now they are showing poor work ethics... :(

Why not go with tried-and-confirmed firms like O-like or something?

Dude, couple of reviews for rayfoss 200mW focusable red laser, all of them exeptionally positive.
Sky has amazingly bad rep around here AFAIK.

Based on my first experience, I'm not ready to give up on them, their lasers have all the right features, at the right price, and I like dealing with a person from the USA, as far as I know, AtlasNova is the only other company with interworkings in the USA, I've nothing against O-like, in fact I'm waiting on an order to get here from them right now, I just really like alot of things about Skylasers and I believe they have made several steps to improving their products since that thread was made, in fact I just sent them this message, hopefully they take this into account;

QUOTE;
Hi, I was just wondering where my laser was, I realize payment for the item was recieved on the 30th of December, and due to the holiday you were unable to send it out until Monday, but my laser wasn't shipped out on Monday, or Tuesday, today is Wednesday and with how slow the mail runs these days I was hoping for my laser to be sent by today in order to arrive by the weekend. Please, if anything else, provide me with an explaination as to why it has not been shipped yet. I ordered the batteries from the site you recommended and they arrived today, when, as far as I know, my laser has not even left Cali. yet... Also, I am an active member of LaserPointerForums and I look forward to being your company's bearer of good news and reviews, since it would seem most of the guys over at LPF have given you a bad name, I'm looking to change that promptly. Seeing good reviews and expieriences on one of the largest laser pointer discussion forums on the web is great
for buisness, so please, let me be the person that gives you those good reviews.

-Sincerely, Caleb Wood.
END QUOTE

Well that is very nice !
Although they might not take you seriously, I think they already know about such forums.

Okay, here's what they said back, already! They have responded professionally, again.

QUOTE;
hi Caleb,

Thank you for your email and we hope you will give us good reviews on the laser forums. You have been an excellent client of ours and we hope to continue serving your laser needs.

Our portable lasers are made to order which usually takes 3-5 business days for production and testing. We guarantee you will receive one of the most advance portable lasers in the industry today, however, time is needed to manufacture a nearly flawless device. We ask for your understanding as our offices and factory were closed for 3 days to celebrate the New Year which caused the delay. The good news is we have resumed operation and your portable laser is well on its way to being completed. An email with your order's tracking information will be sent as soon as your portable laser is shipped out (hopefully later today). Again, we ask for your patience and understanding.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday season!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Team
SKYlasers
ENDQUOTE

Well, they might think you are a joke, and keep you waiting even more because of that!

Just a friendly advice: when trying to contact a large firm or company, do not tryto involve any third parties in the conversation, they might think you are not serious, it is like threathening them: if you do not ship my laser, I will make a bad review on you!

And you did made the thread titled: skylaser slow shipping.

Would you take such customer seriously after seeing that?

EDIT: Y ou beat me to it

EDIT2: They do not stock lasers? They manufacture a singe unit when ordered?! That is not right, cannot be true!

Last edited:
If I owned a company, I know I'd have to deal with all of my customers honorably, they get what they pay for, so if I've got their money, I deal with them to make them happy no matter how impatient or immature they are. It's just good business.

No I do not, firing up an entire pruduction facility for one laser at a time is HUGE waste of money, that is why laser are made in laaarge quantities and are 'stocked' and shipped when ordered.

I do not know what did that dude mean... but it sound weird.
BTW I totaly agree with your stance about doing business!

Ya, I can't really see the whole "building your laser" crap, but they do make their own lasers, there's no other like the ones they sell.

They could be just a redistributor of some sort.

But I wonder why did he say that your laser is about to be made...
Entire facility running costs terrible amount of money, which is profitable only if large quanitities are produced at a time, and graduatelly sold.

If you fire up entire facility to make one laser, that is not profitable.
I dunno, dude, in any case I wish you good luck with this, and that youget your laser up-to-spec and fully functional!

mfo

No I do not, firing up an entire pruduction facility for one laser at a time is HUGE waste of money, that is why laser are made in laaarge quantities and are 'stocked' and shipped when ordered.

I do not know what did that dude mean... but it sound weird.
BTW I totaly agree with your stance about doing business!

Don't CNI make their lasers to order?