Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skylasers.net new website...

S

skylasers.net

Our portable lasers are focused when the lens cap is all the way in, or at resting position. This is when the beam is most parallel.

When you begin twisting the cap out, the beam becomes unfocused and less parallel. If you have any questions, you can always email us at support@skylasers.net.

JapanMan2 said:
any1 actually got an email about a review yet?

i sure haven't :\
Yes, I have been in contact with them. SkyLasers and I have come to an agreement and I will be receiving a 400mW+ Green Portable Laser. This is the most powerful one they sell. In fact, I was sent the measurements made with the laser and it peaks over 600mW's and then was steady at around 500mW's. This arrangement was made on very generous terms. I should receive the package early next week and promise to do a very thorough review for LPF. The Skylasers representative mentioned that they are still working out the details on Lasers for review (perhaps some sort of contract). The Laser I am receiving is not a "review" unit. I will personally own it :)

WackBag said:
[quote author=JapanMan2 link=1224065107/0#17 date=1226706762]any1 actually got an email about a review yet?

Yes, I have been in contact with them.  SkyLasers and I have come to an agreement and I will be receiving a 400mW+ Green Portable Laser.  This is the most powerful one they sell.  In fact, I was sent the measurements made with the laser and it peaks over 600mW's and then was steady at around 500mW's.  This arrangement was made on very generous terms.  I should receive the package early next week and promise to do a very thorough review for LPF.  The Skylasers representative mentioned that they are still working out the details on Lasers for review (perhaps some sort of contract).  The Laser I am receiving is not a "review" unit.  I will personally own it :)[/quote]

Lucky, but why did you want to review their most powerful laser? o_O

i wanted to review the 10mW blue, i've never actually seen a blue one before, so it would make it more special to review about.

JapanMan2 said:
[quote author=WackBag link=1224065107/0#18 date=1226718069][quote author=JapanMan2 link=1224065107/0#17 date=1226706762]any1 actually got an email about a review yet?

Yes, I have been in contact with them.  SkyLasers and I have come to an agreement and I will be receiving a 400mW+ Green Portable Laser.  This is the most powerful one they sell.  In fact, I was sent the measurements made with the laser and it peaks over 600mW's and then was steady at around 500mW's.  This arrangement was made on very generous terms.  I should receive the package early next week and promise to do a very thorough review for LPF.  The Skylasers representative mentioned that they are still working out the details on Lasers for review (perhaps some sort of contract).  The Laser I am receiving is not a "review" unit.  I will personally own it :)[/quote]

Lucky, but why did you want to review their most powerful laser? o_O

i wanted to review the 10mW blue, i've never actually seen a blue one before, so it would make it more special to review about.
[/quote]

Are you honestly saying that you wouldn't want to review a 500mw green, you must be ill ;D

Ok, it would be nice :p

but i've never seen a blue laser with my own eyes before, so that would be more appealing :D

The reviews from any review units sent out for free should be considered useless, as they can easily send out a good unit for a good review. Real reviews need to be done by purchasing a unit to see exactly what a real customer would get.

spyrorocks said:
The reviews from any review units sent out for free should be considered useless, as they can easily send out a good unit for a good review. Real reviews need to be done by purchasing a unit to see exactly what a real customer would get.
agreed, they could go through 200 lasers and send you the very best one

spyrorocks said:

That's what I'm doing, I've emailed them about testing one of their lower powered lasers: http://www.skylasers.net/portable-l...ers-473nm/blue-portable-laser-10mw-473nm.html

And we've come up with an agreement that i will be doing a video / written review and that i pay just over $400, which in my opinion is a good deal as they are charging me the manufacturing cost, as it would be very unfair to just give lasers away.

I'm actually very excited to test this product as:
1) I've never actually seen a blue laser before (in front of me)
2) their lasers look quite unique compared to other laser company's.

Woot! I received my 400mW Green laser earlier today. It is awesome...definitely met/exceeded my expectations! See the review in the reviews section :D

mrmz

I bought a red 300 mW laser from this company about 4 weeks ago, it took aboout 5 days for them to actually ship the product (I suppose the lasers are manufactured to order) and it arrived within 2 days in the US. The laser is very robust and has several safety interlocks as required by the FDA. I paid about $600 for it. At first I was disappointed by not being able to see the beam at night, maybe it wasn't well foused but eventually I was able to see it. It is dim , I was expecting something more brilliant. I don't know if I am misjudging it because I had used a 300 mW green laser and it was VERY bright.
I tried to return it just because I wasn't satisfied with it and customer support was fair. It seems that there is only one person in the US representing the company in Asia. The product ships directly from China (or Hong Kong, I don't remember exactly and I already discarded the packaging).

Hope this is useful as a reference for dealing with Skylasers.net

ixfd64

A red laser is supposed to be far dimmer than a green laser. Have you tried burning stuff with yours?

mrmz

Not yet. Only with the green laser. I will try it tonight and post results later. It is supposed to burn through black vinyl tape and lightly burn dark colored organic material isn't it?

ixfd64

It probably won't burn quite as well as a green laser. Red lasers use laser diodes, which generally have larger beams than DPSS lasers. However, a 300 mW red laser should still be able to burn quite a lot of things.

One thing I'll say is that Skylasers' prices for red lasers are rather high. Some members here sell 300 mW red lasers for $200 or less. I'm not sure the safety features justify the extra price.