Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SKYLaser (laserbtb.com)

AMN

Okay, I just recently decided to go with SKYLaser for a 300mW 532nm Green.
First off, I want to say that the old US Agency SKYLaser is no longer, now they are skylaser.cn - the website where you can get the laser specifications, and laserbtb.com - where you can actually purchase the lasers from.
Now that's out of the way, I'd like to say that SKYLaser is a great company and a pleasure to deal with.
Their product quality is excellent, and their customer service is of matching standard.
I'd highly suggest SKYLaser/laserbtb.com, I don't understand why it wasn't very popular over here, but I do expect it to be very soon.
For more details, see my review of their 300mW rated 532nm Green Laser, the link is available in my signature. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

Re: SKYLasers (laserbtb.com)

Sorry to disagree, but from reviews I've read here, SKY is about 50/50 when it come to quality. Its a hit or miss game. Maybe it would be OK to buy a lower power laser from them, but I would not throw a large amount of money at one of their lasers. There are way better lasers companies out there to spend your hard earned money on.

As with everything else, people should do their home work before buying anything.

AMN

Sorry to disagree, but from reviews I've read here, SKY is about 50/50 when it come to quality. Its a hit or miss game. Maybe it would be OK to buy a lower power laser from them, but I would not throw a large amount of money at one of their lasers. There are way better lasers companies out there to spend your hard earned money on.

As with everything else, people should do their home work before buying anything.

No, no, don't be, you're entitled to your opinion and I understand why you'd say that - you're basing it on things you've read here, and that is understandable.
I'm not sure how good they were before, but I can say that if they weren't very good before they've stepped up their game a lot.
Initially, I thought I was taking a risk with them, but after getting in touch and being sent the power graph I was pretty confident that I'd be happy with the quality of the product too.
"There are way better lasers companies out there to spend your hard earned money on." - I simply disagree with that. My experience was delightful. And their prices are very reasonable.
I would actually say this is one of the best laser companies in terms of value for money.
I am aware of companies such as Laserglow and Optotronics that have both amazing quality and service - but their prices are not affordable for everybody.
"As with everything else, people should do their home work before buying anything." On the other hand, I couldn't agree with this statement more.
People shouldn't blindly buy things as I have learnt from past experiences.
I have got two more lasers coming from SKYLasers, and be sure I will make a review on them - although I know these won't mean as much as if another member did a review on it, as I have already made my views on SKYLasers clear, and another opinion and experience would be more useful, but still, I will try and make it a useful review and I will be honest.

I totally see where your coming from, but its all based on a one laser purchase. Only time will tell if everything you said is true. You're making big statements from only one laser, and I dont think thats entirely fair. It will take a large number of quality lasers before they wash off their 50/50 rating. What if the next laser bought is crap? Then everything your promoting will be trashed, and the people that took your advice will not be happy.

The company Lazerer is nearly 100% on their lasers. With great prices and customer service. The owner is even a member here, and drops in to talk every so often. This is based on 100's of lasers sold. No one can disagree with that, unlike SKY.

Hey man I'm happy you got a great laser. I'm just saying you may want to tone down the hype, because it may come back to bite you in the ass. Its happened before, and I'm sure its going to happen again.

Okay, I just recently decided to go with SKYLasers for a 300mW 532nm Green.
First off, I want to say that the old US Agency SKYLasers is no longer, now they are skylaser.cn - the website where you can get the laser specifications, and laserbtb.com - where you can actually purchase the lasers from.
Now that's out of the way, I'd like to say that SKYLasers is a great company and a pleasure to deal with.
Their product quality is excellent, and their customer service is of matching standard.
I'd highly suggest SKYLasers/laserbtb.com, I don't understand why it wasn't very popular over here, but I do expect it to be very soon.
For more details, see my review of their 300mW rated 532nm Green Laser, the link is available in my signature. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks, I was part of a Skylasers GB a long time ago and we got PGL style lasers. There we some issues with some of the lasers DOA and lack of power. Many of them were very nice though. Overall we didn't get a very good impression of the company back then because of the issues with quality. It is nice to see what is hopefully a sample of their current stock. Lazerer has a great inventory of lasers FS but even when they first came along their 1W 445nm Rifler lasers were not 1W, used plastic lenses, and had brass heatsinks. The issues were observed by the forum and corrected by Lazerer on their following inventory. I may buy a couple Skylasers so we can get a better sample.

Looking over the specs for the laser you reviewed on the SKYlaser.cn website and they do not list any power for this model over 200mW. That is not very comforting. I have placed an order of 5 of their lasers for review. I will report my findings to the forum as soon as I receive and test them all out.

Last edited:

AMN

I totally see where your coming from, but its all based on a one laser purchase. Only time will tell if everything you said is true. You're making big statements from only one laser, and I dont think thats entirely fair. It will take a large number of quality lasers before they wash off their 50/50 rating. What if the next laser bought is crap? Then everything your promoting will be trashed, and the people that took your advice will not be happy.

It's based on one laser purchase, and quite a few hours of instant messaging.
But you're right .. I should wait a bit, for more lasers to come from them before making such huge statements. But I am near certain I will be pleased with the 2 or more lasers coming in next week.

This is what they had to say about their quality.
"All our products are bronze LD mount, you will find our weight larger than others, cheap manufacturers are very smart to select cheap materials, we aren't using cheap materials. We always select the most expensive materials and best manufacturing crafts.

The handheld shell is aluminium. The best we can find in our city.
Our laser pen is heaviest, 1mm bronze shell."

The company Lazerer is nearly 100% on their lasers. With great prices and customer service. The owner is even a member here, and drops in to talk every so often. This is based on 100's of lasers sold. No one can disagree with that, unlike SKY.

I believe SKYLasers is on a whole new level in terms of quality.
Great prices - now SKYLasers' prices are quite unbelievable for the quality you got - this is assuming it matches the quality of my unit.
Lazerer's prices are definitely reasonable.
But the price difference between the prices is not too much and I think the difference in quality is a little more than that.
Customer Service - my goodness.
I've dealt with both Lazerer and SKYLasers customer service, and no doubt about it, Lazerer's customer service is up to the mark - very good.
But SKYLasers, it's like I would just fire questions at him via Instant Messaging and within 5-10 minutes, I get all my replies.
They're very nice as well, I may be able to get a 10% discount for LPF that I can display on my review.
Hopefully many, many people to come will have a good experience purchasing from SKYLasers.
I don't understand why I'm one of the first on here to do so.
IMO, we've been missing out.

Hey man I'm happy you got a great laser. I'm just saying you may want to tone down the hype, because it may come back to bite you in the ass. Its happened before, and I'm sure its going to happen again.

Thanks! :)
You are right, I might be going too far.
"I'm sure it's going to happen again."
If you're saying you're sure it's going to happen in this case - I'm just saying I highly doubt that. He reassured me that they won't compromise on quality if they get more orders.
I just hope everybody can be as happy as I am with their experience with this company.

Thanks, I was part of a Skylasers GB a long time ago and we got PGL style lasers. There we some issues with some of the lasers DOA and lack of power. Many of them were very nice though. Overall we didn't get a very good impression of the company back then because of the issues with quality. It is nice to see what is hopefully a sample of their current stock. Lazerer has a great inventory of lasers FS but even when they first came along their 1W 445nm Rifler lasers were not 1W, used plastic lenses, and had brass heatsinks. The issues were observed by the forum and corrected by Lazerer on their following inventory. I may buy a couple Skylasers so we can get a better sample.

I believe they must've stepped up their quality a whole lot.
If you decide to go with SKYLasers for one of their lasers, I hope you have a pleasant experience.

Looking over the specs for the laser you reviewed on the SKYlaser.cn website and they do not list any power for this model over 200mW. That is not very comforting. I have placed an order of 5 of their lasers for review. I will report my findings to the forum as soon as I receive and test them all out.

Yeah, they don't have the 300mW 532nm model on their Skylaser.cn website.
As that was the laser I was purchasing, I did ask the specs on that and I recall he told me that they were the same as the lower powers.
5!? :O
I hope you are pleased with your experience.
And it'd be nice if you could tell us which 5?
Also, please do 'report your findings' as soon as possible.
Thanks for being helpful to the LPF community! :)

It is listed on the web site when I looked--is the 1 piece 16340 model 532nm, 300mw

HL 532nm 50mW-300mW

He was talking about the skylaser.cn website, the 300mW version is - for unknown reasons - not listed on there.

Last edited:

Encap

Go it. Yes I see it is not listed on skylasers.cn but is listed on laserbtb.com--unusual but not uncommon with Chinese web site--they are not web site perfectionists--some are very confusing.

Anyway--seems to be a very nice laser at a reasonable price.

From what you say of their customer service it is way better than most.

Good luck with it.

It is listed on the web site when I looked--is the 1 piece 16340 model 532nm, 300mw

HL 532nm 50mW-300mW

Yeah fully aware it is listed on that website. I bought the thing so pretty sure I saw it listed there. What I was stating is that the 300mW and it's specs aren't listed on the website that I referred to directly in my post. Specs like beam diameter and divergence can vary greatly when jumping from 200mW to 300mW as the type of pump diode and lenses used is often different at the higher powers.

Encap

Yobresal --good point--I blew though the post so quickly all I saw was not listed on web site and knew I had seen it listed on laserbtb.com an hour before, so I replied.

Yeah sure the technical specs. could be different---someone should let them know the site needs updating to include the 532nm,300mw specs whether the same or different.

AMN

Yobresal --good point--I blew though the post so quickly all I saw was not listed on web site and knew I had seen it listed on laserbtb.com an hour before, so I replied.

Yeah sure the technical specs. could be different---someone should let them know the site needs updating to include the 532nm,300mw specs whether the same or different.

I will let them know.

This is what they had to say about their quality.
"All our products are bronze LD mount, you will find our weight larger than others, cheap manufacturers are very smart to select cheap materials, we aren't using cheap materials. We always select the most expensive materials and best manufacturing crafts.

Sorry to say but bronze is far down the list of efficient metals to use as diode mounts, or heart sinks.

Also you're quoting a company know for saying anything to sell their products. How much did they pay you for this silly recommendation? Or was it free lasers, LOL? Please bro, you're going overboard here, and its taking the sincerity from your post. I've never seen someone so happy, and boast a company so much over one laser. Stop it please. You're embarrassing yourself.

AMN

Sorry to say but bronze is far down the list of efficient metals to use as diode mounts, or heart sinks.

Also you're quoting a company know for saying anything to sell their products. How much did they pay you for this silly recommendation? Or was it free lasers, LOL? Please bro, you're going overboard here, and its taking the sincerity from your post. I've never seen someone so happy, and boast a company so much over one laser. Stop it please. You're embarrassing yourself.

Really? I don't know much, but I guessed they wouldn't say such things unless it was at least a decent material.
LOL, heart sinks.

LOL they didn't pay me, but I did get LPF a 10% discount that I can put on my review soon.
And for the record, I payed for that laser, the 300mW Green.
You are right though, I am going overboard quite a bit.
It is also true that I've only received one laser, I should wait until I get the next lot of lasers next week.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Also, I believe a few other members have ordered from there after seeing my review.
I hope they have a satisfying experience, and they can also share their opinion.
Yobresal went all out and ordered 5 lasers, I hope they're all up to standard.

Last edited:

Paddy

I was going to order one to check it out, i think i'll wait for that discount though :p

AMN

I was going to order one to check it out, i think i'll wait for that discount though :p

Haha, okay!
I'll try and make it as quick as I can, the timezone difference doesn't help for communication though.
In China, it is now 8:38 PM.
Which laser are you going for anyway?