Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skin Burn

I did the same thing with my Pulsar 125. I put a black dot on the back of my wrist and lit it with my Pulsar focused with a lens. It really stung. I also tried it on a mole on my leg. It also stung, but not as bad as the Sharpie dot.

Also, interesting read from Wikipedia -
In properly trained hands, some medical lasers are used to remove flat moles level with the surface of the skin, as well as some raised moles.

While laser treatment is commonly offered and may require several appointments, other dermatologists think lasers are not the best method for removing moles because the laser only cauterizes or, in certain cases, removes very superficial levels of skin. Moles tend to go deeper into the skin than non-invasive lasers can penetrate.

After a laser treatment a scab is formed, which falls off about seven days later, in contrast to surgery, where the fissure has to be stitched with sutures.

things said:
That would be a huge list ;D, considering in australia we aren't even allowed lasers over 1mw :'( but i do anyway :cool:

Where did you hear that? You can buy <5mw pointers almost everywhere. As well as <50mw greens. fleabay type unfortunately...
Point remains. Legislation is similar to america's, in that thw authorities don't care unless you actually make a nuisance of yourself with it; pointing it at planes and burning thnigs in public etc.
Really, if you are responsible and safe with it, pretty much noone cares. :D