Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sit Down Before Looking At These Images !

3113540_orig.jpg

Moving-Colors.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody here ever do any work with fractals? They are the geometry behind many of these type of designs.

Benm

I'm familiar with the first illusion posted in the OP, though it doesnt really work that well, perhaps to low resolution or high compression. But what is the second one supposed to do?

As for the ones just posted in post #18, the first one doesn't seem to work for me (i presume it is some illusion of rotation), but the second one is interesting - seems to be pulsating between being closer by and further away.

Encap

You haven't read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" have you ? :crackup:

There's a reason most forums suggest a max image size.
It's because in today's 'switched on world' people are using all sorts of devices to read the forums.
On things like iPhones and various tablets, the images don't resize, so you're immediately alienation a lot of your audience.
Hence why we suggest to you to resize.

But it's up to you, you want to continue not heeding people's advice, people that are trying to get along, well ok then.

As for me, I'll move on until such time.

RB
:beer:

Now there's an intelligent response
from the guy that can't grasp common
sense...:whistle:
All LPF members don't have the same
identical Computer/Screen setup as you.

It's much easier for you to resize your
pics than have the Forum members go
out and buy a bigger screen just to
accommodate an LPF member that doesn't
know how to resize a pic.

I'll say it again....
The Forum has a default picture size
of 800 X 600 pixels..

Either you fit in or you don't... The
choice is yours...:beer:

Jerry

You are both 100% correct of course,
There is no sense arguing the points or bringing rules or reality to bear/support/hold up the merits of your points. It is like trying to get through to an autistic child. These types are always, with very few exceptions, totally absorbed with and by their own meaningless imaginings as entertainment of, by and for themselves.
They never do very well in the real world or any activity that includes or depends on interaction with other people for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I just had the experience of using 2 devices on this thread. No need to do any scrolling on either my laptop or iPhone, but on my iPhone the pictures take up a good part of the screen :)

-Alex

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Why do we all have to buy bigger monitors just so we can view your images? Why don't you resize them... which is free! :thinking: Don't see the logic there at all.
Also this thread should be in the off topic section not lasers, multimedia IMO.

But on a positive note, those optical illusions are nice.

Paul, fractals are good to work with. I particularly like Sierpinski's triangle.

I just had the experience of using 2 devices on this thread. No need to do any scrolling on either my laptop or iPhone, but on my iPhone the pictures take up a good part of the screen :)

-Alex
Thank you Hap !

Why do we all have to buy bigger monitors just so we can view your images? Why don't you resize them... which is free! :thinking: Don't see the logic there at all.
Also this thread should be in the off topic section not lasers, multimedia IMO.

But on a positive note, those optical illusions are nice.

Paul, fractals are good to work with. I particularly like Sierpinski's triangle.
bigger monitors was just a joke, As Hap just pointed out there should be no problem viewing any of these images on anything down to something as small as a iphone, I suggest that some of you spend less time calling members a "autistic child" or critizing them and spend more time learning how to correctly use your computers and or devices or learn how to use your browser of choice to view any size images on any screen, At this very moment i'm using a old Mac-book Pro hooked up to a flat panel TV and i am having no problems at all viewing these images ??? :twak:

P.S. These images are a form multimedia, Multimedia is content that uses a combination of different content forms such as text, audio, images, animations, video and interactive content.

P.S.S. For the best results when viewing these images it works best if the images are as large as possible and you stare at the center of the image.....

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Sorry, yes you have posted in the multimedia section, but it is under lasers. Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Lasers > Multimedia
But I was suggesting the off-topic section, because this thread has nothing to do with lasers.

Sorry, I saw "Multimedia" and thought "That looks like a good spot for these" and the rest is water under the bridge, I'll defer it to Hap as to whether this thread should be moved...... :beer:

Last edited:

diachi

Thank you Hap !

bigger monitors was just a joke, As Hap just pointed out there should be no problem viewing any of these images on anything down to something as small as a iphone, I suggest that some of you spend less time calling members a "autistic child" or critizing them and spend more time learning how to correctly use your computers and or devices or learn how to use your browser of choice to view any size images on any screen, At this very moment i'm using a old Mac-book Pro hooked up to a flat panel TV and i am having no problems at all viewing these images ??? :twak:

P.S. These images are a form multimedia, Multimedia is content that uses a combination of different content forms such as text, audio, images, animations, video and interactive content.

P.S.S. For the best results when viewing these images it works best if the images are as large as possible and you stare at the center of the image.....

It's the resolution of the display that's the issue, not necessarily the physical size. The display on my phone is 5.1" buy the resolution is higher than my 24" monitor.

Regarding your P.S.; Your definition of multimedia is correct, but this section is specifically for laser multimedia so your point is moot. :beer:

Encap

Sorry, yes you have posted in the multimedia section, but it is under lasers. Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Lasers > Multimedia
But I was suggesting the off-topic section, because this thread has nothing to do with lasers.

Exactly, 100% right. This is Laser Pointer Forums and the thread has nothing at all to do with lasers.
The image size issues are simple to understand and not a real question of any kind--very large images are annoying to many members, thus the 800X600 LPF guideline.

Last edited: