Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Signature Nexus

Ok guys, besides the obvious bashing I know I'm going to get, I wanted to show you guys what just came in today. Some of you know that WL had a contest a couple of months ago. They had a low bid contest and a designing contest. I had no luck in the low bid contest, but I somehow managed to make a nice design for a laser casing that resulted in me winning that design a Nexus Signature contest.

I have been able to light a red tipped match without a lens from 2 feet away. I was told that this particular laser's output was 125-130mw. (I'm only telling you guys what I've been told. Please let's keep this thread friendly.) I have no way to test and I'm not really interested in sending the laser to anybody to get it tested, but considering it's an exec. (large beam diameter) to light a match at 2 feet, I'm impressed.

Here are the pics. Tell me what you guys think.

Edit:: I have just finished lighting a white-tipped match with the aid of a lens.

Attachments

• P1011001.JPG
    P1011001.JPG
    732.8 KB · Views: 214

comparing my CNI to the Sig. Nexus

Attachments

• P1011004.JPG
    P1011004.JPG
    732.1 KB · Views: 209
S

SenKat

First off, dunno if I ever got a chance to congratulate you on your win before I got
hammer-banned ! Well, CONGRATS ! :)

Now, NOT slamming, because free is free - and I like the design, looks pretty nice - IIRC I even voted for your design ! Now...I see issues with it though :( Lotsa areas it looks like the paint is already chipped off - and around the battery cap - there is already evidence of wear and tear....and it is BRAND NEW ? Honestly, I like it - but if I were sending out a promo item like that - it would be PERFECT ! Eh...I guess we all know that I am not the owner/operator of Wicked ! LOL !

Seriously, though - nice laser...it LOOKS nice...how does it perform ? What else did they send with it ?

Thanks for the congrats!

There are few tiny chips here and there, but I'm not complaining. I just updated my first post, but I just finished lighting a match at 2 feet unaided. Right now I am :D :eek:
The prize itself for the contest was the laser, a money prize, my name in their Nexus Sig. product page, and obviously the mass production of my design.
Since I had some leftover Wicked Bucks, I had a dragon case and some of their balloons come in the same package. I had never heard of someone order their balloons so I said "Eh, what the hell I'll go for them." So mini mini review on their balloons, they're kinda sticky in the bag they come in, but they blow up fine and pop fine lol.

Overall, I'm pretty happy considering I got it all without paying a dime plus I have my design on a new laser.

S

SenKat

Man - that really is something cool as hell there - regardless of if you like the company or not ! YOU have YOUR name associated with a laser ! THAT IS AWESOME !

I know I already said it - but damn, man...CONGRATS ! ;D ;D ;D

yea thats cool as hell, no bashing required when you got yourself a FREE laser from them haha. Im glad its preforming well for you too, that would have been a bummer if you did all that work designing and they sent you a lemon. Keep it up man!

-Dough