Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sick Laser tricks

It takes a lot of power just to hold a spec of carbon with optical trapping. I dont think they make a laser powerful enough to hold up a shirt. At least not one available to the public anyway.

Well it takes around 200mW to grab a particle of dust. Times that by a zillion to get the same size of the shirt.....you get the idea.

It would vaporize the crowd in a nano second.

KiLLrB

wasnt there a post somewhere that said if every laser in the world was focused together in the same point we could lift a grain of rice? not trying te be a smart a$$ but seriously wondering if that was somewhat of a true statement...

ZRTMWA

Well it takes around 200mW to grab a particle of dust. Times that by a zillion to get the same size of the shirt.....you get the idea.

It would vaporize the crowd in a nano second.

I understand, it's just so godd@mn funny!!!!!! I can't figure out why either. Hmmmmm a laser holding up a shirt.

I'm probably just exhausted. Someone should start a laser related clothing thread. I'm sure there's some funny laser garb out there.

KiLLrB

I understand, it's just so godd@mn funny!!!!!! I can't figure out why either. Hmmmmm a laser holding up a shirt.

I'm probably just exhausted. Someone should start a laser related clothing thread. I'm sure there's some funny laser garb out there.

I would almost pay money to have a shirt with igorT avatar pic on it. Its kinda funny :)

Well it takes around 200mW to grab a particle of dust

But significantly less for a particle of smoke. My "10mW" bluray traps vaporised sharpie ink :na:

It's obvious that the shirt is actually a picture of a shirt printed on super-light paper. As for that ring? We all know hula-hoops have a tendency to defy gravity, why is this new news?

[/sarcasm]