Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Showing Off My New DIY Red 20x Garrity

Gazoo

DNMEBOY said:
Also I would like to use the 7135. Is that basically what the LM317T is? If all I have to do is go by one and swap them that would be nice.

Basically...yes you can swap them out. All you will need is the capacitor. However the 7135 and 317 are totally different internally. They both do regulate current.....but the 7135 is much more efficient.

Well what I meant is that they both serve the same purpose in a laser driver from what I understand.

I already have a capacitor in my driver, were you saying that I need a different one?

This thing is sweet. but eventually I will want more power.

Gazoo

You can use the capacitor you have...no problem. Lasers are sweet and we all want more power.. ;D I know you will notice a nice difference between 250ma's and 350ma's. Your power output will almost double.. ;)

Almost double...lol

That will be great.

Where can I find the AMC7135. I have searched google and the only thing I find are the chips from deal extreme. Is that what I want? I wasn't able to find it as a part at radio shack or anything.

Thanks for the help.

Gazoo

I think DX is going to be the cheapest. You get 20 of the 350ma ones for $15.00.

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.amc7135

There are other driver options in the Group Buys section of this forum. But the AMC7135 is the most efficient of any of them. Keep in mind that these are not adjustable. For a Lab type laser I still like the LM317.