Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should i insulate or not?

i'm trying to make my first build here :)

Host: UltraFire C9 Cree (2xCR123A)
LD: LPC-826@400ma
Driver: (cheap aixiz driver 80-500ma)

i've used the search button, i will leave this diagram to explain (from Poor Microsoft Painter)

laserdighramlpc826.png

should i insulate the heatsink or not?
and if someone could show me how should i connect the P- and LD- wires i will be very glad

here is the driver on Ebay

Thank you! :D

Nope If you insulate then you will eliminate the cases ground. The only thing i would do differently is run the negative wire from the Driver to the LD but i dont think it is necessary.

Edit: Your driver operates fine above 2.5V so you shouldn't have an issue, but you might need to run two batteries if it isn't outputting enough current.

Last edited:
@mhemling33 thank you for your help ..

so i should leave P- and LD- (on the driver) unconnected and i'm good to go?

that's really confusing unless the driver is regulating the current using the positive charge is that correct?

so the wiring will be like this:
battery + > Driver P+ > laser diode + (anode)
battery - > Laserdiode - (cathode)

sorry but i'm new to electronics :D

IsaacT

Positive Battery goes to Positive input on Driver. Positive output on driver goes to positive input on diode. Positive diode goes through diode to negative pin. Negative pin is connected to the casing, thereby completing the circuit and getting you to battery negative.