Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should i buy the Spartan or the Hulk laser? (both 150mw)

Thanks for all these helpful posts :).
I think I'll buy the Spartan. Or should I buy the 1W blue Spartan? It seems to be very cool too, do somebody know how far the beam of the 1W blue Spartan reach?

Thanks for all these helpful posts :).
I think I'll buy the Spartan. Or should I buy the 1W blue Spartan? It seems to be very cool too, do somebody know how far the beam of the 1W blue Spartan reach?

The 1w Spartan derverges very quick. Thats because of the diode itself !
The beam goes -+""2km

But with beam expander the range should be better

The o-like green laser looks great too. Does somebody know if there could appear problems shipping the laser to germay? I think this laser is illegal here :( .

The o-like green laser looks great too. Does somebody know if there could appear problems shipping the laser to germay? I think this laser is illegal here :( .

Ohh mann , du kannst doch gleich sagen das du ein Deutscher bist :na:

Ich hatte keine Probleme mit dem Zoll (kann sein weil ich in Österreich lebe)

Aber ich glaube der Laser müsste durchkommen

Oh, wusste garnicht dass du aus ÖSterreich kommst. Wenn der durchkommt ist ja alles ok, wäre nämlich schade wenn ich dann probleme mit dem Zoll haben würde. Dann denke ich mal, dass ich warte bis der Laser wider auf Lager ist. Danke :).

X FLY

You won't have any problems receiving lasers from both o-like or dragonlasers :) They both don't mention any where on the packaging it contains a over 5mW laser. I got the Spartan 1W blue without problems even though here in finland any laser, FDA approved or not, if over 1mW is considered illegal xD You can find a link to my spartan review on my signature deffinently recommend it if you are looking for a very cool and powerful blue laser beam that burns like hell. Seriously, I can't even keep my hand 1 second in front of the beam without getting burned and I once accidentaly had my other hand covering the front hole while I turned it on (I was outside and it was windy so I wanted to protect the lens from any dust with my hand) and got instantly burned :D But remember if you are going to buy the Spartan 1W with great power comes great responsibility. Even looking at the dot can cause serious eye damage (including color blindness to green). Also if you get caught doing something stupid with a class IV laser you are pretty much fucked :) the difference between a class IIIb and a class IV laser is like the difference between a golfclub or a gun.

More info about why blue (HIV) lasers are especially dangerous here: Blue Light Hazard

I would suggest (if you hadn't have one already) first get a good 100ish mW green and after that get a class IV laser. I would go for the Optotronics 150mW trust me the quality is superb even if they look like the cheap chinese shit pointers every wholesale site sells. You can contact the site owner for more info and you should have no problems getting that in either, but because Optotronics is located at the US (unlike dragon and o-like witch are both chinese companies) you might have to pay some extra import taxes before you get it through the customs. Jack (Optotronics owner) ships the lasers as "pen sets" so unless you mention it's a laser it will get through, just remember to edit any invoices before showing the replacing the word "laser" with "pen" or something smilar they only want to see the invoices so they can give you the correct tax based on the products price :)

Or get the Spartan 1W xD but remember that you can't use it without protective goggles even outside (unless you are just pointing it far away and you are absolutely sure there are no reflective surfaces like mirrors, road sings, car license plates etc.) It is though very good for burning and pointing in a dark, "safe" place like a forest.

Last edited:

X FLY

Ohh mann , du kannst doch gleich sagen das du ein Deutscher bist :na:

Ich hatte keine Probleme mit dem Zoll (kann sein weil ich in Österreich lebe)

Aber ich glaube der Laser müsste durchkommen

Oh, wusste garnicht dass du aus ÖSterreich kommst. Wenn der durchkommt ist ja alles ok, wäre nämlich schade wenn ich dann probleme mit dem Zoll haben würde. Dann denke ich mal, dass ich warte bis der Laser wider auf Lager ist. Danke :).

English please :) You can use any language when private messaging but for public post's only English is allowed.

No, i'll wait for the beamexpender.
Will there come new only for all spartan lasers or will there be the old expeder too?

No, i'll wait for the beamexpender.
Will there come new only for all spartan lasers or will there be the old expeder too?

There will be only a new beam expander

This will fit all spartans :bowdown:

Last edited:

X FLY

There will be a only a new beam expander

This will fit all spartans :bowdown:

Yep it will be like the old expander, except that the beam enter aperture will be a lot bigger (the old one worked only with lasers that had an beam smaller than 2mm at aperture)