Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should all manually given reputation boosts be removed?

Should all manually given reputation boosts be removed, leaving only naturally rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be fair to know WHO these 4 people are complaining
about and for WHAT reasons... and by WHOM... since this issue
is once again brought to the Forum Members about Forum Members
by Forum Members....

Jerry

Now Jerry..
I think your E-penis is too long. I demand c0ld chop it off a bit.
:D

*just a bit
LoL

SpikeD

I am doing brilliant thanks Jerry, no need to worry about me :p I just don't feel strongly about rep in any way, apart from thinking it a pity that discussing it should once again take up forum space. That is why I am taking up a tiny bit more space right now to suggest getting rid of it for the future.
I think anyone who reads through a couple of threads will quickly be able to establish how is actually a trustworthy and contributing member, and who is simply a spamming waste of space being patted on the shoulder with "buddy reps". For example, whether we could see Dave's post count of 10342 and rep power 326 or not, I still don't think anyone would dispute the immense value he has added to the forum.

We don't need points for our reputation or a number showing how much we say in real life for people to be able to judge our character, so I don't see why we need it on a forum. In written form it is even possible to see evidence of what a person has previously said and done, so you can judge their character on a detailed past as well. In real life, the only way to really have your reputation marked is by getting a criminal record, and here we simply salute you with a nice permaban instead.

Last edited:
I see the rep system in general as a condensed version of the a
member's posting and contributions on the Forum over time..

I know it is not perfect but it saved me $$$ when I first came here
by knowing who not to deal with... The rep comments gave me an
indication of a problem and the linked posts gave me more detail.

The discussion here is not if the Rep system is good or not... but
simply... if Manually given reps by the Admin should stay or go...:cool:
(glad to know you're OK)

Jerry

Last edited:

SpikeD

Very fair point indeed Jerry, and as previously stated I do not feel strongly for nor against because there are such valid points for both sides.

Sorry to get off topic. Back to the main subject - manual reps - I find Dave's argument to be the most logical. They were given, so let them stay ;)

Seb

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
in order to not cause fights going to keep the data but private, also going to close thread but allow votes to keep going. i do not see myself changing this at this point, as it clearly would upset a lot of ppl

i will personallly talk to the ppl that complained (none of them posted here) and see whats going on

still recovering from dental emergencyu chat so0n all
peace
-ave

Status
Not open for further replies.