Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shipping batteries

Joed

I wasn't sure where to put this so please mods feel free to move if necessary.

How are lithium batteries supposed to be shipped with in the United States? I have two Panasonic 3400mah rechargeable batteries that I hope to sell and will need to ship.

Do they have to be shipped on the ground?

I'm guessing its best to ship them fully charged?

Special packaging?

Thanks in advance.

Joe.

RayJay

Yeah you are right. I don't live in the US but almost everywhere on earth requires ground shipping for any batteries. They cannot travel by air (legally) That doesn't mean that people don't send them anyway and don't disclose that they are being sent. I have had lasers sent to me with batteries by airmail before. But it is safer just to ground ship them.
Also, yes, charge them up before posting.

In the US ship them UPS and not charged. I have purchased many batteries and only one pair came almost fully charged, normally they ship uncharged. You are not supposed to ship them USPS.

Alan

When I ordered a 18650 battery from china the Canadian customs confiscated it:yabbmad: After that I only ordered batteries from within Canada. I don't know about American customs though.

Rifter

When I ordered a 18650 battery from china the Canadian customs confiscated it:yabbmad: After that I only ordered batteries from within Canada. I don't know about American customs though.

They have to be shipped inside a device not as separate batteries. I ordered 4 from LarryDFW here on the forums from his website here:

18650 Batteries & Chargers

If you look you will have to select the international shipping option that has batteries installed in his "test Rig" which is just a cheap $1 battery holder but qualifies as them being installed in a device so its legal to ship.

Last edited: