Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Sharp GH04C05B9G 5W 440-450nm

RedCowboy

Been waiting to try these out, divergence looks to be slightly better than 7A75
These could be geared more towards the home cnc industry rather than the projector industry but we shall see.

piyb2.JPG

Last edited:

RedCowboy

I received my sharp GH04C05B9G from seller sabzh21 today and it does 5.4w @ 3.5a with a DTR G2 and 4.2w with a 3E.........divergence looks a lot like 7A75 observed at 2 meters so the jury is still out on that however the beam looks identical to 7A75 for what I can see on the benchtop, I think I will hit the beam with a 6X c-lens pair and see what it does at a little distance as the 7A75 and 6X is quite nice but @ 35.00 with free shipping this brand new Sharp diode is hard to beat.

@ 15 feet with a 3E I am getting the same 3/4 +/- inch long bar as I get with a 7A75 so this looks like a bargain Brand New 7A75 doppelganger from Sharp but with the Sharp big window which doesn't add or subtract from the package IMNSHO

---EDIT--- The data sheet says 3.5A MAX and it doesn't have much room past that, the knee is just past 3.5A and I killed one @ 4.3A so 3.5A looks like where we want to be on these

Last edited:

RedCowboy

Taking a 2nd closer look at this diode with a DTR G2 @ 15 feet the bar is closer to 2 inches ( 50mm ) which is what the nubm44 does and pushed to 4.0a it's doing 5.8w ..........I have made the mistake of judging divergence with a 3E before and because of the longer FL and clipping it's not accurate ( all 3E's are not the same ) the G2 gets close enough to capture all of the output so.........still a nice brand new blue for 35.00 delivered, it should help bring down the price of nubm44's which I am now seeing for sale with clean pins which means they are not having to wreck a projector to get them and likely going wholesale for way less cash just like nubm08 blocks, a block from the line is a block from the line and from the maker a block of 08's or 44's is pretty much the same except the lens and a few nm.....actually the 44 block should be a little cheaper without the lens for the OEM.

SANY4855.JPG

Last edited:

Richie89

Taking a 2nd closer look at this diode with a DTR G2 @ 15 feet the bar is closer to 2 inches ( 50mm ) which is what the nubm44 does and pushed to 4.0a it's doing 5.8w ..........I have made the mistake of judging divergence with a 3E before and because of the longer FL and clipping it's not accurate, the G2 gets close enough to capture all of the output so.........still a nice brand new blue for 35.00 delivered, it should help bring down the price of nubm44's which I am now seeing for sale with clean pins which means they are not having to wreck a projector to get them and likely going wholesale for way less cash just like nubm08 blocks, a block from the line is a block from the line and from the maker a block of 08's or 44's is pretty much the same except the lens and a few nm.....actually the 44 block should be a little cheaper without the lens for the OEM.

View attachment 69019
don't call me stupid but whats that round thing just above the battey cells? for some reason I cant figure out what it is lol!

RedCowboy

It's a LM338 I was using as a current limiter on my test block, they work well for several lasers in series and I had several laying on my bench so I just jury rigged it onto my test block so I could walk outside with it.

Ramsey_innovations

@RedCowboy
Seems like a really good diode for the money! Have you tried the g8 lenses yet? I'm really liking them compared to my 3e's and g2's. Except for the nubm44 on my cnc router/mill...I stick to the g2 on that for obvious reasons.

RedCowboy

I was hoping the 5W Sharp would have better divergence than the 7A75 but I am glad to see other companies making high output vis. ld's.
Yes I often use the G8, even on lower power lasers for a great beam. :)