Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp GH04955A2G/ The New 495nm diodes

Mine is in a 18 mm heat sink and set at 275 mA. After 30 seconds on it remains below 488nm which is where it was measured before I used it in a build. It outputs 135 mW and is a sky blue color without a trace of green in it.

today i received my 490nm diode from styropyro's group buy and made a quick run on my psu,the color is definitely between blue and green probably a 491nm or even more.not that bad though i like this color :)

I have a 493nm one that is right on the edge of green and blue. It is a beautiful wavelength and one of my favorites. I use it often just to look at. My new 488nm is also a favorite now. I have several favorites now that all get a lot of use.

i like that i got a higher wavelengh diode as i mostly wanted to see the edge between blue and green,the thing is that after that im gonna look for a lower wavelengh one to make 2 different builds.

isn't it strange that we can see 2 different colors and make 2 different builds out of one diode?:yh:

shame that my phone camera can't capture this wavelengh correct and looks like completely light blue.i wanted to upload a photo :cryyy:

Last edited:
My 493nm build is from an earlier batch of 495nm diodes. It was a low wavelength one of those. In order to get two good diodes from this batch, you need binned diodes. One of the high, 493nm, ones and one low, <488nm, ones. If you can't get that, you won't see the difference well. Buying not measured diodes is just a crap shoot.

Anytime, Zach. It has been my pleasure. I think we all learn a lot about these diodes from your 25 and the ones that I ordered for myself. Mine are all gone. I have just one left for my stock, as I never want to only have one of these Sharp diodes again.